Code P219a

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
My car had that code today. What is it from?

My mods are Jlt intake, and stainless works full exhaust system. No cats.

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
This is a code that I also get quite often. Mismatched 02 readings (I am paraphrasing). It seems to be a side effect of going catless. Some say that you have to have a leak to trigger this code, but I have none. I clear this code out several times a week. It is getting annoying.

Mike

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Either a bad sensor or the tune can be adjusted to eliminate the code.

You can also shut off the check engine light, but I would not do that. :dw:

Clear the code, as it checks it once while its in closed loop each time you drive. Check for leaks and check your O2 extenders. Also data logs can be your friend to see if on that bank your short term fuel trims, long term fuel trims, and measured AFR are not out to lunch.

Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Ok I will. I cleared it right when it popped up and drove it to Bradenton 1/4 mike track from fort Myers which is 160 mile trip and it never came back on. But I don't have 02 extensions. The stock ones all reached. But I will check for leaks. My A/f are where they need to be 12.4/12.6 range at WOT, Timing is no higher then 24 and WOT. So maybe it has a small leak somewhere, Before or at an 02 sensor.
Could an intake leak cause it?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Ok I will. I cleared it right when it popped up and drove it to Bradenton 1/4 mike track from fort Myers which is 160 mile trip and it never came back on. But I don't have 02 extensions. The stock ones all reached. But I will check for leaks. My A/f are where they need to be 12.4/12.6 range at WOT, Timing is no higher then 24 and WOT. So maybe it has a small leak somewhere, Before or at an 02 sensor.
Could an intake leak cause it?

Yes, if the intake is leaking on one side, it will cause your short terms to be different from side to side, and you would see that.

What did you end up running at the track? Are you running low grade fuel? why is timing that low?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I am getting this code almost daily now. It is driving me nuts. It happens at the same place almost every time. I drive about 5 miles on a cold engine in traffic until I get onto the Causeway bridge, which is like a highway. I accelerate onto the bridge at a normal to brisk pace (but not WOT) and after about 3 miles of cruise, the code comes on. It will do it going to work, and sometimes coming home. I can't see any leaks, but I am going to check again this weekend as it is making me crazy. This happened as soon as I installed the cat delete pipes.

Mike

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Well my jlt was used and where the coupler clamps on to the plastic tube from the throttle body was tightened to much by the previous owner and now when I clamp it, it bows in causing it to oval in a little bit. I need to order a new plastic tube from jlt which they said is $140. It was horrible the track prep was really bad! So many cars were losing it at half track. I was on stock tires and when I hit third gear the car went sideways almost losing it. I need some race stars with a tire. I ran a 13.0 letting of 2 times because traction was so bad. No im running 93 octane. I was told by a few tuners not to go over 24 degrees of timing. Why what do you run for timing?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
You can also shut off the check engine light, but I would not do that. :dw:

Clear the code, as it checks it once while its in closed loop each time you drive. Check for leaks and check your O2 extenders. Also data logs can be your friend to see if on that bank your short term fuel trims, long term fuel trims, and measured AFR are not out to lunch.

From this reply and your others in this thread it's apparent that you don't understand what this code signifies. It is not a lean or rich code.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
From this reply and your others in this thread it's apparent that you don't understand what this code signifies. It is not a lean or rich code.
Do not think I said anything about it being lean or rich.

P219A – Bank 1 Air-Fuel Ratio Imbalance
Monitor execution Once per driving cycle during closed loop

Sorry to be so "Apparent" in my saying it lean or rich.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Gosh, I'd better do some reading!

I concur. Because if you knew what the code was and why it happens, you would also know why some tuners elect to turn down the sensitivity in this area to prevent the codes.

Let me know if you need links, I can probably get you some to read.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I concur. Because if you knew what the code was and why it happens, you would also know why some tuners elect to turn down the sensitivity in this area to prevent the codes.

Let me know if you need links, I can probably get you some to read.

Yes please, can you point me to the files on my laptop?

Well I'd like to find out the problem, before electing to turn down the "sensitivity" or just shut it off like you suggested.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Did you see my post above answering your questions?

Yea, I herd it was pretty bad out there, I was going to go too but I had stuff to do at the shop.

The timing is not bad, Most of the manual cars that come through can stand ~27* on 93. Hell some see more because the knock sensors are adding it back in even when there on stock settings, so I try and keep it below 28. Some cars Don't loss much dropping down to 25*. I was just wondering if you ran a lower grade fuel for some reason.

Get some tires on that thing!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
And for the record When you asked about a the intake being loose I was revering to the Intake manifold, there have been cases where the intake is not seating right. Not sure if you installed a boss intake at the same time you did your headers.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
No I don't have a boss intake manifold. That's a mod im still on the fence about doing. Basically my next mods will be some drag rims and an aluminum D/S. the car made 431whp on a dyno jet at gulfcoast motor works in Bonita springs with 24 degrees of timing so I might just leave it at that for now. Amazon tuning also told me that they try to stay around 24 also but I guess every car is different.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Yes please, can you point me to the files on my laptop?

Well I'd like to find out the problem, before electing to turn down the "sensitivity" or just shut it off like you suggested.

You'd have to ask Lund about that. He was the one talking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread