Code p2196 and p06b8 after header install.

torchred02gt

Established Member
Got my kooks headers and x pipe installed today, also installed brand new front o2's. Uploaded the new tune revision and went for a test drive and was immediately greeted with poor drivability and a p2196 code. Swapped out the o2 sensor for one of my known good ones and cleared the code. Went for a drive again and it's still sketchy under normal driving. AF ratio is dropping to 10.6 randomly. Decided to do a kam reset and do a test drive/data logging session. Car still drives like crap but this time I was greeted with a p06b8 code. I'm at a loss here. Anyone else experience similar issues?

scotmach

Established Member
You didn't use any extensions by any chance did you? If so take them off. If not any chance the stock harness wiring got damaged in the install?

benzopyrene

Established Member
I got this ram error code once after my header install. I put my tune back to stock then reloaded the other tune and it hasn't come back yet. The guy at the shop I was at mentioned that the ECM might be going bad.....I don't know about that, but have been curious how I would even go about replacing that. My car also is driving like crap and Im getting the bank 1 and 2 sensor codes. I can't find an exhaust leak so wondering if my O2 sensor is bad, but with the way the car is running I have to think its the tune.

torchred02gt

Established Member
Took two seconds for my tuner to figure out the issue. Always be clear about your current mods when requesting a tune revision. Lol. I previously had a jlt cai on the car and he thought I still had it. Once he saw the logs he figured out I had the wrong tune. Simple fix and the car now runs great.

Users who are viewing this thread