Code Help

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
P1760 Pressure Control Solenoid "A" Short Circuit

This is the only code I get, and now my truck has a "shudder" to it. So I called the dealership and the parts guy said he doesn't know what that is. He said they have some external and internal solenoids and I need to be more specific. So what is this, where is it located, what do I need to ask for? Oh and I did a search and came up empty handed.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
I show that as a Tranny code

P1760 EPC EPC Signal Short Intermittent Code. PCM has detected an intermittent short. Short circuit causes minimum EPC pressure (minimum capacity). May flash TCIL.

Orange95

Established Member
So what exactly do I need to do to fix this? At the dealership earlier they said they didn't pull any codes, but I can pull it with my sniper software.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
did you clear the code with your SNiper after viewing it? IF so then they would not be able to pull the code. If you clear it, then its gone and will have to wait until it pops up again.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
has the transmission been out of the truck? have any of the plugs that run to the tranny been disturbed? you could hava a pinched wire on a loom or a bent pin in one of the plugs since it's shownig a short to ground. you need to find the problem area first, fix it then clear the codes.

Orange95

Established Member
The only thing that's been done was the valve body. The transmission hasn't been out of the truck, and we didn't unplug anything. I've looked for melted wires too and came up with nothing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread