Code 0355 keeps comingon

buster_cherri

BAMF
Established Member
I keep getting code 0355. I replace the coil today plugs last week and swapped it all around with others to get the same code. I'm lost.

When I turn on the AC it runs fine for 2 mins then starts to blow warm air and start to miss. I was data logging today with SCT and normal no AC load was at .11. Load with AC was at .16. Then the AC shuts off and it still missing at idel Im at a loss. Any help would be great where to go from here. Thanks

Running KB 2.2 and Anderson PMS

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
P0355 is a CIRCUIT code for the coil for cyl. #5. Basically, you have two wires to check. The red wire should have 12v. The lt. green/yellow wire is the driver from the PCM. (A pulsed ground)

Since the red wire feeds other injectors, and you are not experiencing other codes, check the lg/ye one first.

Do you have a multimeter and know how to check continuity?

look real close where the wires go under the coil cover. someone may have pinched one. common place for errors

Last edited:

buster_cherri

BAMF
Established Member
Everything is tight. I can tell when the AC kicks on and when the Fans kicks on seems to be a huge draw. The Battery voltage is 13 + volts. I found on another website where the guy had his computer reflashed, Im worried about due to the tune with the PMS.

1Wild-Horse- I know how to check continuity, no problem. So the PCM provides the ground, nice to know. Also is there a way to check while the engine is running? And why would it only seem to happen when AC is turned on. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

1wild-horse

Established Member
you could check it with the eng. running. Use a 12v. test lamp. the signal is so quick the light will not be real bright but it should pulse. Connect the clamp end of the test light to the positve battery post, start the car with the connector to #5 cop accessible. unplug it and probe the lg/ye wire. if the wire is good, and you are recieving driver signal from the pcm, it should flash very rapidly, probably be a real dim light.

The fact it only happens with the a/c on may be due to the fact there is extra load on the engine, but I wouldnt speculate too far until you verify those two wires are good.

buster_cherri

BAMF
Established Member
Update. So car ran great on the way to work no problems. Let it cool down went out with a coworker to look at it and show him whats going on. Runns fine revs up great tune on the AC and works like a champ ( when yesterday 2 min it would miss and blow warm) Rev the engine and still great. Engine is all warmed up and running great no codes or anything. 10-15 mins and some rev of the engine I get the rough idle and AC kicks off. No light but I get a Code with my programmer. Turn of the engine Clear the code and all is well again. Seems to be in the computer????? Im lost. I will check the wires tonight just to make sure.

1wild-horse

Established Member
Wiggle that harness around that comes out of the coil cover with the car running and see if you can induce the rough idle/miss. If he wires turn out fine, you may have a driver problem in the computer. Hope not, bad wire is way cheaper to fix. Is the anderson PMS piggy backing your stock processor, or is it a stand alone system. They are capable of both, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread