Cocky 540i driver + me = sad BMW :(

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
Driving toward I-90 to head out to North Bend today. The folks have been in town this weekend and they're going to go look at neighborhoods with me and then head back to Spokane. A 540i pulls up next to me (residential, mind you) at the stop light. I pay it no mind.

Light turns. Nimrod spins his tires and takes off from the light. I don't quite know where he thought he was going, but he sped up, slowed back down to speed limit, and pulled in front of me. He keeps looking up in his rear view at me. I notice the temp sticker. Aha! New car. Or at least newer.

We both end up taking the on-ramp for I-90 from 148th. Kid keeps looking at me in the rear view. I'm in 3rd, so I figure I'll just give 'er gas from there and see what she'll do.

BOOM. He goes right around the car in front of him, and since there's plenty of room I follow him. I pass him just as the on-ramp ends and go flying by in the left lane (yes, I looked - I merged with no cars in the way.) Just hit about 100 when my jacket decides to try and fly out of the car. I pull into the middle lane, slow down to 60, and hold on to my jacket. In my rearview I see the kid swerve and almost lose control of his car. He had swerved over from the far right hand lane to the center and started to lose control (there was a car between us in the middle - I had used my signal to pull safely into the center in front of a car that had been obeying the traffic laws like a smart person.) At the time I only had about 4, 5 cars on him.

I downshift to 3rd and drop down to 60. He pulls up on my left and just a little ahead, and smile at him. He looks over a couple more times, and decides to move ahead a little faster than the speed limit, but you can tell he's done racing. He looked sad.

In the meantime, I was trying to find a place to stuff my jacket. Damn thing tried to take flight with my wallet :(

Probably not too fair - he was probably stock, and I'm not. Still, it felt good to put the guy in his place and not too shabby for about 2/3 pedal. Next time I'll have to see what she can do with the pedal all the way down.

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
I'm thinking he had to get off at the Issaquah exit for a reason. There's a G.I. Joe's there and I think they were having a sale on pants, which he probably needed quite badly....

wannabesvtdude

Established Member
Originally posted by hockeypuck_74
I'm thinking he had to get off at the Issaquah exit for a reason. There's a G.I. Joe's there and I think they were having a sale on pants, which he probably needed quite badly....
:lol: :lol:

Titanz

Established Member
Well, nice kill. The BMW is a beautiful car with the following specifications:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Engines 2.5L 184 hp I6
3.0L 225 hp I6
4.4L 325 hp V8

Transmissions 6-Speed Automatic Overdrive
6-Speed Manual Overdrive

Mathematically speaking, it's very obvious the Cobra is indeed a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread