Cobra Worth?

TorchRedCobra03

TORCHER
Established Member
Need some quick advice, there is a gentleman selling a black 03 cobra coupe w/parchment interior. Car itself has 60,000 miles. Exterior has minor scratches and the usual rock chips from driving. Interior is almost flawless with a little wear and tear on driver side bolster. Minor modifications, intake and exhaust. Here is the kicker, it was involved in a car accident on the carfax, previous owner says it was a fender bender and there was no air bag deployment nor was there any structural damage.

I want to know what people would be paying for this car or is it not worth it because of the carfax? Also.....5 previous owners, seems like a lot to me.

Thanks

jrichber

browser
Established Member
With the parch interior I could maybe see it going for 18K. As far as having 5 owners... The car is nearing 15 years old. I know of plenty of people that have changes cars under 3 years. And with the fender bender, if its fixed, its fixed. Maybe knock off $500? Just need to check it out to make sure it was fixed right.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I'm fairly new to Terminators, having shopped maybe a year or two and finally bought one three weeks ago. I just remember what the general sales manager said at Cosmo Motors in Hickory NC across the state from me who sells about as many in NC as anybody, if not the most. He stated he always had a hard time selling black Cobras.

I wasn't looking for a black one, and he didn't have one for sale, we were just talking so I assume it was a fairly honest statement since it didn't impact our dealings. I didn't buy one of his anyway. I had gotten the impression otherwise that they were always fairly popular.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I wouldn't touch it because I think black with parchment just sucks big blue donkey balls

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I am the 4 th owner of my Car. The first was a mustang fanatic. The next two were car collectors. And me. The number of owner ain't as important as
the type of owner. The car is modified and I put 17k miles in two years without any issues.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Okay what if I told you he is asking $18,000 for it. Opinions? I would offer $15,000....too much?

Every time I see the prices and compare it to what I got for 20k. I almost feel guilty of robbing the guy. Have the cash ready and start low and move the price up slowly.

Steve23

Established Member
Im the 6th owner of my all original, 03 Black Vert Cobra. It had 18k miles when I bought it. Zero rust, the blower still looks brand new. It was meticulauously taken care of. I wouldn't judge a car by the number of owners. This all assuming visual, test drive and mechanical check out. Sometimes a car can be a garage queen, which I am happy for, because it shows in it's condition, how it's been cared for.

That parchment interior though... I'd run far away from it lol. But that's just personal preference.

Personally, I wouldn't be worried of minor accident damage, affecting price, possibly I'd be a bit picky too, imo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Okay what if I told you he is asking $18,000 for it. Opinions? I would offer $15,000....too much?
if he is local I would go to his house with 16k cash ... and start laying it out on the table. he will likely take it. but be prepared to walk away

Why do so many people hate on the parchment interior, it isn't bad!
in a black car it sucks. in a red one it is tolerable

Steve23

Established Member
if he is local I would go to his house with 16k cash ... and start laying it out on the table. he will likely take it. but be prepared to walk away

in a black car it sucks. in a red one it is tolerable
I agree, although the shade of red it matches imo is redfire, not TR. Parchment only matches well with OW and RF, best, in my opinion. All other colors are not in the same color spectrum due to how wild they are, so they don't contrast as well as parchmant does with RF, OW or even SY. Imagine parchment in a mystichrome? The colors from the paint would clash so bad from the parchment. Parchment is a tanish color, that pairs better with certain colors, more so certain shades of those certain colors. It's just like yellow, it's gotta be your cup of tea. I just think medium graphite and dark charcoal are a lot easier on the eyes, at the end of the day. Or maybe, parchment just isn't the "IN" color yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yeah, color is always subjective. My firs car was black with tan interior. Ever since then i like that combination. I think a BLK Cobra with Parchment interior is different and looks good.

Hell, my 380R is Black and Gold. Granted the interior is charcoal, but black and gold or tan or parchment works in my opinion.

I think 18K is not unreasonable. However, offer what you think it's worth. Eventually you'll meet in the middle or find his bottom line.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Huh..I thought parchment was desirable. My MG has it. Want to say they didn't come original though from what I've seen here.

Get nothing but compliments on them when someone actually sees inside the car.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
my 95 Cobra is a Rio Red with parchment interior. was not a fan but it grew on me because the dash was more black. I am having it redone in parchment but the seats will be two tone black and parchment to break it up some

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
How bad do YOU want it?
Me? I would want less miles, no accident history, and probably wouldn't pursue one with the parchment interior. But that's me. Some of these cars with 5 owners means nothing negative, I'd think the more miles, the more chance for 5 owners to not be such a good thing? Maybe, maybe not.
If YOU want it & he'll sell it for 15, heck jump on it!
With the miles & prior damage, ( and I'd point that out to him ) I wouldn't think it'd be in his best interest to ask more really.

Westbayou

Established Member
$18,000 is more than reasonable for that car. $15,000 ain't happening unless the seller is desperate or an idiot. I've seen salvage title cars go for more than $15K that were fixed right. Get what you want, but realize with these cars you gotta pay to play anymore. Seems like any deals out there are "deals" for a reason.....

badmpg03

Established Member
I would scoop that up.
Corbeau seats? Rear seat delete? Done and done if you have issue with the interior.

TorchRedCobra03

TORCHER
Established Member
I agree, although the shade of red it matches imo is redfire, not TR. Parchment only matches well with OW and RF, best, in my opinion. All other colors are not in the same color spectrum due to how wild they are, so they don't contrast as well as parchmant does with RF, OW or even SY. Imagine parchment in a mystichrome? The colors from the paint would clash so bad from the parchment. Parchment is a tanish color, that pairs better with certain colors, more so certain shades of those certain colors. It's just like yellow, it's gotta be your cup of tea. I just think medium graphite and dark charcoal are a lot easier on the eyes, at the end of the day. Or maybe, parchment just isn't the "IN" color yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The parchment seats are like wearing khakis with a black shirt, it matches. May look like a waiter at a restaurant but it matches, I guess it's a personal preference, I'm not in any rush to buy one I already have a vert with low miles I just thought this could be the daily summer fun car.

Users who are viewing this thread