Cobra work in Michigan. Who to go to?

tdo

Established Member
I am a recent Cobra purchaser. There is no authorized Cobra dealer here in the Lansing area. I have three options for a dealer, which do you suggest?

Krug Hilltop in Howell,

Brighton Ford in Brighton,

Keller Ford in Grand Rapids.

Thanks for your input.

Thomas

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
what kind of warranty work are you looking for?

zackly my question as well.

You might not know this but you got 116 RABID cobra modifying fiends local to you........

we is they

tdo

Established Member
This post got copied over here from my original thread. Makes sense as this is the Michigan (Detroit) regional forum.

I should have mentioned that it would be warranty work. But irregardless, as you know work on a Cobra engine, transmission, etc (specific to a Cobra) must be done by a SVT (and not just SVT Focus) authorized dealer (dealers near me will not touch it). Those dealers that I listed above are the closest authorized dealers.

I was looking for people with SVT's that have had work done there and what their experiences were.

Thanks

seanwr400

Established Member
Wouldn't know much about warranty work. Mine hasn't had one sense about 7,000 miles. :burnout: Won't bother trying to get them to do any sense it is modded alittle....

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
tdo said:
...snip...

So far, nobody has piped in. Might be out of luck.

...actually most of us in here don't trust dealers with our cars. Or we have been lied to or screwed over by them.

I understand what you want though.

No experience with dealers in that area has been posted here that I recall.

Jpjr

Established Member
tdo said:
I am having the convertible top worked on by Grand Ledge Ford.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=582812

They can do it because it's not a Cobra only thing. However, in the future if I need warranty work done by Ford, I wanted to find out which dealership was best.

So far, nobody has piped in. Might be out of luck.

Dealers are in the business of making money. They will work on anything but the motor. I purposely stay away from SVT dealers because they are more apt to voiding warranties.

Village Ford (non SVT) in Dearborn has done all the warranty work on my car so far, after Fairlane (SVT) screwed it up.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
Incompetent Dealer List:

Southgate Ford
Gorno Ford

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
tdo said:

I only suggest one dealership to MCT members.
It's in Toledo.
If thats to far then I have no input.
If you need quality SVT warrenty work done by a mechanic from a Ford dealer bring it to Toledo.

JP :beer:

Cobrasized

Proud MCT Member
Established Member
I have gone to Brighton Ford for work and they seem pretty good. If Dan Garn is still there he is a " one of us guy". Have also bought a SportTrac from Krug and has some dealings with their service group which seem OK, but they aren't as big into SVT.

Brighton does Saleen as well so they may have a better appreciation of the Cobra buyer.

Either way, as Dave says, Dealers Suck. They still haven't learned the "Hilton" way of treating customers. People are fiercely loyal to businesses that treat them like customers ( def. Customer: The person who allows you to make a profit so you can feed your kids).

( Stepping off soap box)

btw, make sure you come out to the Fall color tour. It's on our side of town. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :rockon:

tdo

Established Member
Thanks to all and thank you cobrasized, that is exactly what I needed. Hope I get more. :)

I have had excellent luck with warranty work on my Mustang GT with two locals, Candy Ford and Grand Ledge Ford. I wouldn't buy a car from Candy, they have the old put the screws to you mentality, but they sure treated me well when I had some warranty work on a GT I didn't even buy from them (as they should).

Grand Ledge Ford is top notch. Laid back sales and competent service. I have no complaints about either service area bickering on problems with cars or getting it done right. Problem is neither is SVT certified. GL says it is working on it, but it does no good right now. Only if I have a problem that only a SVT certified place can work on will I go to other dealerships. But it is good to know ahead of time, where people had trouble or no trouble.

Thanks again all.

Kiddk1

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
Established Member
Jpjr said:
Village Ford (non SVT) in Dearborn has done all the warranty work on my car so far, after Fairlane (SVT) screwed it up.

I think Village is an SVT dealer but I could be wrong.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
tdo said:
Krug Hilltop in Howell,

Brighton Ford in Brighton,
Anyone have experience with these? I am taking mine in sometime either this fall or in the spring to get the Steering Creek fixed and my a/c vents replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread