Cobra won't start

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
road trip. We can take my homobile. I can also give Chris a call and have him swing over from the dorado (he's my buddy, service manager at Fenton Ford).

snkbitn

Established Member
Seriously? ...

Rusty Eck didnt have a pump in stock, assuming thats what it is. I guess if I had to replace the pump, should I go with an 03/04 for the boost in my future ?

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
snkbitn said:
I cant hear the pump, but I never have been, so im not sure how to tell if thats it or not?

Pick a time when it is real quiet outside...sometime between 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM. Go out to your car. Get in with one leg in and the other leg out so you can lean your head out of the car....put the key in and turn it toward the ON position without turning the engine at all. You should hear a slight click and faint fzzz-like sound coming from under the car toward the rear.

That is the pump. If you don't hear that then the problem is likely the pump.
BTW - it really can be heard well if you have the car in the garage when doing the test. The sound kinda reflects off the garage walls and is easy to hear.

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Im willing to bet that's it. Especially since you mentioned that you can't hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to the run position.

I always repair things when they break under the idea of "stock sucks, upgrade it" I guess that's why I have a T56 and 4.30 gears just because my T45 shot the shit. If you have plans for a blower in the near future then go ahead and upgrade the pumps.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I'd go for the better pumps if that is the issue. Sounds like you'll need 'em in the future anyway so there's no reason to do it & buy it all twice:shrug:

snkbitn

Established Member
finally getting to this. its the pump. so that brings up some questions for those of you that have gone the 03 tank and pumps route.

so it just bolts up, fuel guage works and all ?

Users who are viewing this thread