Cobra wont start part 2.....

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
ok.... So, i did what everybody has told me and tested the battery and check the terminals. I tested the battery at Autozone 4 times. still good. went back home, cleaned the terminals again (they wern't really dirty or coroaded to start with). went to start the car. turned the key to "on" and the mileage readout flashed 4-5 times really quick with all the digits filled in..:shrug:
Started the car. everyting looked normal. Shut the car off after like, 2-3 mins. tried to restart. it started!! :banana: same thing with the milage readout though.. so i thought, i'll drive in around the block and let it read some things..
Got back home after 15 mins. shut the car off and SURPRISED, all the lights went out in the cluster and everything, just like normal.. :rockon:
Tried to restart... didnt happen... it turns over, just wont fire. :fm::bash::nonono:

And, same thing with the cel light, the abs light, and the shift arrow and the traction control button.. all of them are halfway lit, and pulsation randomly.. weird...:dw:

so I sat there and also noticed that all the gauges were down except the fuel gauge... it was still reading.. also after like, 2 mins of that, i heard a slight "click" like a relay, and the red theft light and the miliage readout flashed... then the fuel gauge shut off with the other
lights... :dw::shrug::nonono:

I dunno what to do or where to start... I dont have a aftermarket alarm, no aftermarktet stereo, so i know the wires are all still stock and un-harmed.. i dont wanta take it to the dealership and get raped... anybody got any ideas?

Kenny

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Sounds like a loose ground...swing it buy an auto electrical shop...hmm, you might just have to get raped at the dealer but perhaps it's an easy fix

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
Do you have aftermarket gauges? I had something similar happen with my dash lights, not the starting issue. My gas gauge worked but other lights such as ABS, SES, etc, would barely be lit and sometimes flash, etc...It turned out that one of the fuses on my "add a circuits" for the gauages was blown out. Couldnt hurt to check the fuses or bad ground somewhere. My fuse in the #5 location was the culprit.

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Do you have aftermarket gauges? I had something similar happen with my dash lights, not the starting issue. My gas gauge worked but other lights such as ABS, SES, etc, would barely be lit and sometimes flash, etc...It turned out that one of the fuses on my "add a circuits" for the gauages was blown out. Couldnt hurt to check the fuses or bad ground somewhere. My fuse in the #5 location was the culprit.

no, still got stock gauges... but, i will check the fuses again.. maybe i didnt see something.. Thanx for the help though!! :beer:

Kenny

wikedcobra312

FLEO
Established Member
mine did that 2 weeks ago, the battery was bad, eventhough it was passing the battery test, i think i killed my battery when i tried pop starting it when my frps went out(didnt know at the time about the frps, lol...welcome to cobra land)

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
QUOTE=wikedcobra312;7265122]further more, after changing the battery, it has not died since...[/QUOTE]

Thanx for the help!!! my problem understanding this, is that the battery has enough power to start the car... how could that be considered bad?? :shrug: to me, it takes alot more amps to start the car... rather then run the electrical system.. but, i do have a battery outa my dads dodge ram that is alot newer (and has more amps) then the cobra battery... so, i might try that this weekend. Thanx for all your help man!! :beer:

Kenny

lwrs10

Chapstick!
Established Member
Mine did the same exact thing....and the batttery tested good. Bought a new one from Autozone.....and problem fixed.

wikedcobra312

FLEO
Established Member
QUOTE=wikedcobra312;7265122]further more, after changing the battery, it has not died since...

Thanx for the help!!! my problem understanding this, is that the battery has enough power to start the car... how could that be considered bad?? :shrug: to me, it takes alot more amps to start the car... rather then run the electrical system.. but, i do have a battery outa my dads dodge ram that is alot newer (and has more amps) then the cobra battery... so, i might try that this weekend. Thanx for all your help man!! :beer:

Kenny[/QUOTE]

no prob, hope it works out

Users who are viewing this thread