Cobra vs Turbo Built Integra

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
This happened in Mexico, after leaving Home Depot a friend and I went to get some dinner at Sonic when we spotted an integra that did not appear to be riced out. We drove normally than realized he switched into the lane closest to us. I proceded to down shift and baited him. He didn't bite. But I did happen to catch a slight sound that I thought might be a turbo. My friend drives an STi and he didn't hear the turbo and he's all into that stuff so I figured it was probably just a metal intake that made the faint whistle. I drove like a law abiding citizen and went to make a right turn and noticed the mouse was following closely, this is when I saw a huge front mount and realized oh snap it has a turbo! We lined up at around 47MPH which was very odd for me since I have 4.10's, I went into second (not a good idea), I quickly found that I ran out of RPMs before I knew it and missed third. The integra had already pulled out in front due to me being surpised that I ran out of gear so soon. Missed third and the teggie took the win. ~Now I'm sure it will be all over the honda forums like he just beat an Enzo lol

2nd race I had my friend yell out to him that I wanted a 20 roll. He took the bait, and I was all smiles as I knew what to expect here with 4.10s! I honked off the three and he jumped on the first honk but let off just in time to be ready for the third honk. Third honk came and we both punched it and all he saw were my tail lights through second gear, until I missed third again :cuss: but by that time I was 1.5-2 cars ahead so he figured I let off I think and just cruised up next to me. We exchanged thumbs ups. The dude was pretty chill for an integra owner. The car didn't even have cut springs lol and the exhaust was tame and actually pleasant compared to most hondas/acuras.

*** that motor was definitely built right compared to most honda kids around here. It had a t3t4 most likely as it spooled quickly. Had to be around 10-15#'s of boost roughly 250-280 horses to the wheels. Not bad at all but if I hadn't missed third and started at 40mph rather than 47mph it would 2 and 0 but no excuses he won.

Central message from these races is that I need to practice my 2-3 shift.

My mods: 4.10's, magnaflow o/r x, sct tuner bama cheese tune, mm lca's.

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
A turbo GSR can be a quick car. I have friends that have had some pretty quick ones that were able to get low 12's high 11's at the track

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Yeah it's definitely a surprise. They can be quick. I was surprised bc most of the hondas around here bolt on cut spring mis matched paint rice lol, and than ran into a nice properly built one.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I've had some tune issues and never race cause of it. But I had a dumb looking Nissan 300 behind me te other day. Figured even with 7# max and 3/4 of throttle I'd still lose him. Nope, could even remotely get away :/. Hopefully the shop it's at can figure out my tube issues and save me the embarrassment in the future. Nice kill and way to go for the good sport bro.

Users who are viewing this thread