Cobra vs SS

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
The wife and I were returning home from dinner last night when I was acoustically assualted by an SS in the next lane (he revved up at me...loudly). I assumed this meant he wanted to run, so I asked him if he had done anything to it. He told me it was stock with a smirk on his face. I knew, however, that it was not completely stock due to the audible impact of his exhaust tone. I told him mine was mostly stock, save for a filter and catback. After the light turned we both managed to get ahead of the traffic and line up. We started at about a 40ish roll and left together pretty evenly, but I steady gained ground on him until we had to let off (more traffic). We then proceeded to do the same scenario at the next light, this time we had a much longer traffic-free distance to open up. This start was more of a 30ish roll with him having a good half car head start (I think he was a little more anxious on the next run). This time I was able to really open it up and just pulled by him with ease. It was a nice run and the driver and his buddy were cool giving me a thumbs up. The wife really enjoyed it too, but she then proceeded to tell me I don't need to install the pulley I bought "...because you don't need it. You just kicked his ass with the stock pulley!" I guess I'll have to get beat before she sees it my way. :rolleyes:

CobraChick1

Established Member
HAHA! That's awesome! It's the other way around with me and my husband-he tells ME that I don't need anymore performance stuff! (although I know secretly he really wants it too!LOL)

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraChick1
HAHA! That's awesome! It's the other way around with me and my husband-he tells ME that I don't need anymore performance stuff! (although I know secretly he really wants it too!LOL)

Ya got any single sisters that think along the same lines as you?;-)

Good Kill!:beer:

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Nice runs, but I would get that pulley on soon cause you know you are going to run into a faster SS sooner than later.

Sanke Pilot

Established Member
My wife thought it was fast enough without the pulley swap. It was for about a week, then I had gotten used to it and on went another mod.

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Yeah, I know sooner or later I am going to get my ass handed to me. Just so happens I haven't been beat yet on the street. Guess I have been lucky so far. It's so rare that I do get in a race with a worthy opponent (modded V8). Most of the cars that try me are imports and so far none of them have come close to a giving me a challenge (350Z, R32, EVO, etc). I'm still stuck on the fragility of the warranty. If I get spanked I might change my mind though. Its nice to know there is another 40hp/tq just sitting there on the shelf if I ever need it. :)

FliteQH

FOXY5OH
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraChick1

:rockon: I'm the sameway, My BoyF is content with his car... Unfortunately, I'm the one with mod-madness...

Badgts- Good Kill! You just tell your wifey to sit there and look pretty in the passenger seat, lol jk.... Again good kill.

Users who are viewing this thread