Cobra vs. sportbike is this normal?

BNH4.6

Established Member
Yesterday I was leaving the store on my way home and this jackass on a brand new (dealer tags) yellow sportbike pulls out in front of me. I had to slam on the brakes to keep from hitting him. We stop at a red light and he was in front of me and no one was in front of him and he turns around shakes his head and starts reving his bike. This pissed me off and I knew he was going to take off from the red light. I thought he would leave me sitting still but I wanted to see if I could scare him at the launch. He takes off and I do also he pulled off about 10-15 feet in front of me and then I started reeling him in, by the top of 1st I was glued to his ass and nothing changed when I went into 2nd. When I hit 3rd I was still on his ass and he turns and looks over his shoulder, I backed off and slowed down and he did also. When we got to the next redlight I turned right to go home and he looks at me and waves :shrug: So is this normal? I have no clue what kind of sportbike it was but the exhaust came out under the seat. I have'nt had my car dynoed yet and I have never taken it to the track. I was very shocked that I kept up. I did'nt win but neither did he.

stangfreak

Established Member
i had a similar experiance. but i had a pulley. my setup was the following..

2.80 ultra grip reichard racing pulley on a NON ported blower
gatorback 73.5 inch belt no idlers
steeda cold air intake
stinger catback
stock shifter
stock throttle body
stock midpipe
stock headers
mustang magic sniper tune

this jap bike or sport bike whatever you want to call it, wanted to run me. he was pullin HARD. he just pulled on me to start a race im like yea ok IM GONNA GET CREAMED LOL.

but then i was like fugg it. 2nd gear 3500rpms three honks i nailed it. we were even, hit third and i jumped up he was on my bumper, hit 4th and i was pulling even more, and stupid me cuz i was so amped and happy i slapped it into 5th gear and just left him.

at the next light the dude pulls up to my drivers side window and taps on the glass. rolled it down and he was like, dude thats a fast fuggin car!!!! gave me the thumbs up and left.

could he have been a bad driver? yea but im not the best driver out there. i didnt even POWER SHIFT. plus these cobras weigh alot.

with that combo i listed i made 460rwhp and 470+ rwtq.

good run!!

BNH4.6

Established Member
Thanks I can't wait to pulley and tune mine. How much does it cost? Maybe the bike I ran with was a smaller one like a 600 or something.

Last edited:

_DC

Established Member
Good Kill .....
The rider might of been skill challenged on his new machine.
Still way to represent! :thumbsup:

stangfreak

Established Member
BNH4.6 said:
Thanks I can't wait to pulley and tune mine. How much does it cost? Maybe the bike I ran with was a smaller one like a 600 or something.

i forgot how much the RR pulleys go for. but you can get pulleys for like 70 bucks. my custom tune was 500 bucks. these cars are very cheap to mod and go fast.

make sure you use a 2.80 pulley. if you put a bigger one than that i guarentee you will end up going back to the 2.80 and waste more money on a retune. the 2.80 will give you excellent tq and low end grunt. the car will be night and day trust me

good luck

KBmach1

Established Member
streetbike

the bike u raced is probably a honda CBR 600 and they run a 10.6 in the 1/4

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
if you're gonna take on a bike, go reallllllly fast :-D

I still havent run into any in this cobra, but in my 2000 GT (341rwhp) I raced a few and hung with a couple of the really small ones and got blown away by the liter bikes :eek:

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
A pulley and good tune and you'll be suprised how how many of the bikes you'll hang with or beat, especially at freeway speeds and up; their advantage shrinks the faster you go.

The newest big bore bikes are just SICK... I ran into a crowd of about 8 bikes once. I stayed about even with an older R1 and ahead of all the other bikes, but two of the bikes handed us our collective asses - 7+ car lengths, maybe more, on me and all the other bikes, twice. I was wondering why those two were only interested in each other- it was like me and the other 6 bikes didn't even exist. Unfortunitly they had all identifying marks removed and I didn't find out they were Hayabusa's until much later :burn:

BLUBLLS

Hate to break it to you, but that older R1 was not ridden right. Also, you must not know a lot about bikes because a Busa is so very easy recognizable even without the stickers.

To the original poster good runs :beer: , but that is not normal

Last edited by a moderator:

BNH4.6

Established Member
No it wasn't safe never said it was. I bet your a perfect angel behind the wheel, aren't you?

Users who are viewing this thread