cobra vs maxima.....not even fair

vnms96

Established Member
me and a buddy were headed to sonic to get something to drink, and the 06 v6 maxima does the infamous ricer flyby and then slowed down and tried eggin it on. at first i was going to let it go and laugh about it. but he kept tryin so i said lets go he punch's it and i drop it in second and just unleash on the school boys. there was no competition, i got about 15 cars in front of him and let off. he pulls up and says he just wanted to hear the exhaust. then he tries to go again. once more he got shut down. we pulled over and talked for a few minutes, he was a cool kid into cars so all in all it was ok.:beer:

bunk22

Established Member
I had an 04 Maxima with 265hp and they are nice, fairly quick family cars. Not quite in the same leauge as a 4.6 Cobra, especially one with mods like yours. The new 09 Maxima with 295-300hp might be close the gap a bit.

vnms96

Established Member
oh yea it's quick for what it is. it was a damn nice car. were i live its mostly ricers and i cant get many good races.

svTx01

Established Member
congrats on the kill. Have a cuz with a maxima and got the same results. So how the weather in amarillo. I heard they opend the track back up.

vnms96

Established Member
the weather up here is screwy!!!! yea the track opened up, but i missed the first few races cause i was out of town working.

bssmith1220

Established Member
I own both cars....96 cobra and 07 maxima. Nice kill, the max is a nice car for the wife. Its quick enough to haul the grocerys in.

vnms96

Established Member
i'll check. what are you going to be doing here? well i just checked on their page, and it's open today, but not next weekend

Last edited:

svTx01

Established Member
i'll check. what are you going to be doing here? well i just checked on their page, and it's open today, but not next weekend

Well I have a house in hereford but i'm in the military so im never home. but i was going to amarillo to see some family. do u have the website for the track

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
When I was bolton I had a Maxima 2.5R surprise the hell outta me. He was chipped/tuned and I only pulled on him a little bit until mid-3rd.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Actually, I used to work for a big aftermarket corporation that delt mostly with domestic hot rods and muscle cars. Well, my supervisor had a DD Maxima that was tricked out w/ cams, intake, exhaust and a tune. Had something like 300 to the wheels...not bad for an import sleeper IMO!!!

Nice kill by the way...

Later...Dave

THAITED

Established Member
Good kill, that was awesome!!!! I remembered my encounter with my friend's Maxima. He asked to run with my 562 rwhp because he thought that I was BSing him about my power. Anyway who knew how many lenghts I put on him granny shifting even. His response to me at a time was "your car just have a better acceleration than mine that's all." :??: What a toooool?:lol1:

Now he has S/C in his car, I still beat him but he would never admit to it no matter what so I guess I'll let him win.....next time.:beer:

vnms96

Established Member
thanks. my car is no where near as fast as most of the cobras on here but it does the job. i've only lost one race and thats when i first bought it. it was an 02 ss z28. and it was kinda close he had me by bout 3/4 of a car. he would have prolly had more if there wasn't traffic ahead

Users who are viewing this thread