cobra vs mach 1

mustang03v6

Established Member
ok i really want a 03/04 cobra but i found this mach 1 for a good price.i was wondering wats the big difference i would see in the cars.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Other that cosmetic differences to the interior/ Exterior ...

Cobra:
- Independent Rear Suspension (IRS)
- Stronger Motor (Manley rods and forged pistons from the factory)
- Supercharged
- 6 speed
- "390" HP

Mach 1:
- 4V NA motor
- 5 speed
- Solid Rear axle
- "305" HP

Cobra is faster in stock form and much easier to mod. Mach's are still nice cars and can be made fast but not with as much ease as a terminator.

Both are a good buy, Just depends on your HP goals and preference.

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
The cobra has forged internals. The engine can take close to 700rwhp and over 900rwhp with a turbo. The Machs pistons and other internals are far weaker.

mustang03v6

Established Member
i mean if i do some easy mods will it make it a nice car.im talkin about exhaust,headers,cai and others

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
i mean if i do some easy mods will it make it a nice car.im talkin about exhaust,headers,cai and others

Mach 1's are great Mustangs but not in the same league as a Terminator.
However they can run strong with a few mods.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Like comparing a grape to a raisin.

Thats funny!! Machs are great cars, but when you say you are looking for a bad ass DD, then conversation is OVER. No need to look further. Cobra has that department sealed up. Period!! These cars are so easily pushed over 600 rwhp. It is really kind of ridiculous actually, if you really think about it.:dancenana:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
but right now you can score a Mach super cheap. i saw a clean 04 Mach with really low miles for about $12k. throw on a vortech or procharger and you'll be very happy. im not saying the mach is better or even equal to a terminator but there are a few factors that come in to play. a mach is cheaper to get into, cheaper to insure and already has a solid axle, which seems to be a very popular mod with cobra owners. machs are also quite a bit lighter as well.

my friend was in the same dilemma as you. he scored a clean mach 1 for really cheap so he jumped on it. it now has a vortech and he's added quite a bit more and is very happy with it.

and more a sleeper to, if that's what you like. most people dont expect a mach 1 to lay the smack down.

03yellow

Established Member
Add 100rwhp to a cobra and you spend $1,500
Add 100rwhp to a mach and it will cost over $4,000

Add 200 rwhp to a cobra and it will run $4,000
Add 200rwhp to a Mach and you will spend $8000 for a TT if the engine can handle it.

Spend $8000 on a TT set up for the Cobra and your over 800rwhp.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
a mach is cheaper to get into, cheaper to insure and already has a solid axle, which seems to be a very popular mod with cobra owners. machs are also quite a bit lighter as well.

well, the IRS is one of the major reasons why I bought an 03 Cobra instead of any other Mustang...

as for weight.. lets see

Mach1 3465 lbs
Cobra 3665 lbs

so the extra weight of the cast iron block, supercharger/intercooler/6 speed tranny and IRS only adds 200 lbs to the car..

CWJameson

Cobra Commander
Established Member
by badass
i assume you mean something that easily runs 11's or even 10's.

so 03 cobra.

with a twinscrew

or tt
:)

mustang03v6

Established Member
u guys think it would eat the same gas as the cobra.also i just want a badass street car not a track car.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
u guys think it would eat the same gas as the cobra.also i just want a badass street car not a track car.

Probably about the same under the same driving conditions. You could DD a 600 RWHP Cobra all day and night with NO problems as long as it is tuned right.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member

IRS>SRA for the street. The IRS alone made my decision. But, the 400+ hp supercharged awesomeness didn't hurt. I love my Cobra as a DD - and the roads I drive on every day are in need of serious work. Try getting from an SN-95 with a SRA.

Users who are viewing this thread