cobra vs gt sn95 vs sn95

blksnakebite97

Established Member
A kid from school wants to race me for money? I am usually willing to run any one as long as no traffic no turns and no cops. But for money, how often do you guys get offered to race for 500 lol im a senior in HS. and he is a junior. but if we do race no money :nono:. will this kid beat me, im in 97 cobra intake, o/r x pipe, flowmaster muffs, udp, and msd wires and ignition, he is in 95 gt with full exhaust intake and 4.10 gears. he has 315's and i got 275's. he claims HCI :bs:. can this gt put me in the dust?

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
If he's a good driver, if it really does have a good matched HCI combo, if it's tuned well, and if he gets traction, he'll probably beat you. But that's a lot of if's.

milktasd2

Established Member
my friends GT had the same mods minus gears and I destroyed him so bad it looked like he was going backwards.

but if he is HCI...some of those are pretty stout. Can you hear a cam?

AS for racing for money I only do it when I can afford to lose the money.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
A kid from school wants to race me for money? I am usually willing to run any one as long as no traffic no turns and no cops. But for money, how often do you guys get offered to race for 500 lol im a senior in HS. and he is a junior. but if we do race no money :nono:. will this kid beat me, im in 97 cobra intake, o/r x pipe, flowmaster muffs, udp, and msd wires and ignition, he is in 95 gt with full exhaust intake and 4.10 gears. he has 315's and i got 275's. he claims HCI :bs:. can this gt put me in the dust?

I'd put you at maybe 260rwhp with those mods. If he does indeed have an H/C/I setup with those gears, he'll give you a run for your money. But remember, it depends on what speed you're racing until because the 5.0 doesn't rev nearly as high as the 4.6L. Also, my guess (being that he's some high school punk) is that he's running Sumitomo 315's on the rear... They're like $100 a pop but they offer no traction, just asthetics. I had them on my '94 Cobra.

If he still has a stock cam, intake and heads then he's probably only seeing 225rwhp, lol. Even then, the GT's only came with 19# injectors as well so I can't imagine he's making much power unless he knew what he was doing when he did the install.

Good luck

amorrow

Established Member
I don't understand how you can possibly tell how much power he's putting down....a good pair of heads and complementary parts makes the world of difference, and he could have 302 cubic inches or 363 [another HUGE factor]. If you see he's running decent heads, he could have invested elsewhere as well and will toast you...way too many unknown variables to risk $500.

sc98cbra

Established Member
From what I hear. 315's are way to big to put on a mustang that does not have Forced induction or a big a** engine. From a dig, he may get you just for the factor of the 4.10's.

cmanzi77

Established Member
I'd put you at maybe 260rwhp with those mods. If he does indeed have an H/C/I setup with those gears, he'll give you a run for your money. But remember, it depends on what speed you're racing until because the 5.0 doesn't rev nearly as high as the 4.6L. Also, my guess (being that he's some high school punk) is that he's running Sumitomo 315's on the rear... They're like $100 a pop but they offer no traction, just asthetics. I had them on my '94 Cobra.

If he still has a stock cam, intake and heads then he's probably only seeing 225rwhp, lol. Even then, the GT's only came with 19# injectors as well so I can't imagine he's making much power unless he knew what he was doing when he did the install.

Good luck
How do you figure 260 rwhp? That's like about as much power 96-98 cobras put down as stock!

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I would just grow up.

Why he is at the best age of his life, just take it to the track!

94-95 Gt's are dawgs almost as bad as the 96-98 gt's. If he dosent have HCI you will get him, Get some 4.10's or 4.30's to really put a hurting on him..

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
From what I hear. 315's are way to big to put on a mustang that does not have Forced induction or a big a** engine. From a dig, he may get you just for the factor of the 4.10's.

:dw: I think you HEARD wrong. 315 are not WAY to big for a Cobra without forced induction or a big ass engine.

Op FWIW take it to the track like 32V FICobra said. Have fun with it. :beer:

blksnakebite97

Established Member
thanks for the input guys, i raise the bs flag on his so called HCI 5.0 sounded like a stock motor to me with a loud exhaust, the guy he bought it from said it had a head cam and intake. but as for the street racing im trying to get all my friends with descent cars to go up to lebanon valley this spring including him so we could just compare times, also i do not want to race for money. im in highschool and work for everything i get and cant blow money on a race, im making 210 monthly payments on my car and 100 a month on insurance so just enough left over for gas, food, and most importantly mods. ps. i have a video of the car revving i can post if anyone could tell HCI from that

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
thanks for the input guys, i raise the bs flag on his so called HCI 5.0 sounded like a stock motor to me with a loud exhaust, the guy he bought it from said it had a head cam and intake. but as for the street racing im trying to get all my friends with descent cars to go up to lebanon valley this spring including him so we could just compare times, also i do not want to race for money. im in highschool and work for everything i get and cant blow money on a race, im making 210 monthly payments on my car and 100 a month on insurance so just enough left over for gas, food, and most importantly mods. ps. i have a video of the car revving i can post if anyone could tell HCI from that

Post it up I'll tell you right away.

My94GT

Established Member
i prolly would say you should win, i had o\r h pipe, UDP, bassanis, and cnl intake and made 220hp and 279ft lbs. with some drag radials i think i pulled off a high 13 second pass. nothing to lose sleep over. the gears could help a bit im sure.

go out and have some fun but maybe take it to the track:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread