• Get a sexy black SVT Contour

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Throw rocks at ricers

Votes: 34 44.7%

• Total voters

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
okay, to refresh everyone's memory, i used to own a shiny 04 torch red cobra, moded ofcourse, and well okay long story short... i had to sell it after graduating high school because i had to move to canada for some f'ed up reason, actually it was because my NJ liscense got suspeneded, and my rents were moving to canada. lol. I sold the cobra because of RIDICULOUS border tax to bring it into canuck's town. I was trying pretty damn hard to get another 03 or 04, but yea i think i am calling the quits, because first its f'in expensive, canada might have free health care, but the assholes rape us for tax and fool all the other canucks, and well insurance is sky high for anyone below 25. In NJ i bought the car at 17 and held it 18, uninsured but whatever, i cant do that shit anymore. So here is my question, right now i am rocking the good ole 91 chevy lumina euro 3.1, its a beater obviously but also my reliance when i have to get to work every morning and shit, and insurance on it alone is 360 a month with a clean record, just for comprehensive. I checked the insurance for a 99-00ish SVT contour its about the same and if i am not mistaken, less since its a 4 door car. It is probably going to sum out to 500 a month because of a recent speeding ticket i managed to get like a fool, which hasnt ben settled yet but anyway. Now i need to know what everyone thinks of my plan, instead of killin myself saving cash and knowing i am not anywhere close to another cobra, or getting a svt contour...

CONTOUR - I CAN HANDLE INSURANCE :D
COBRA - I REALLY CAN'T UNLESS I AM 25 tomorrow instead of 6 years from now :D

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
id go for a bike... a kid in my class has a new r1, and i fancy the gsx-r series... *shrugs* i think its the only affordable way to have speed at our age. that having been said, id only advise that if you're not going to be retarded with it.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
lol... i am pretty bad with not using what i have, when its speed... i am not talkin about drugs, i am talkin about octane :D
and well i would love to run a r1 around here, but then the whole weather issue comes in, and come to think of it, the insurance companies around here want close to 10grand a year for a r1 at my age .... what kinda shits that the frigin bike is worth less at a point!

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Youd be stupid to buy another cobra and not insure it *again*

If you are at fault for an accident w/o insurance, i'm pretty sure the guy whos car got f_ucked up is gonna want some sort of compensation and since you probably dont have any money and you still live at home, your parents will be the ones paying for your ass.

Just something to think about.

Do you really want to be spending that much money on car insurance/payments when your still pretty young?

Last edited:

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
wow... i see! in that case go contour until you can afford something better. i have my corolla until im out of college (although a bike may be in my near future)

SVT4ME

Established Member
Get a Shelby GT 500 Cobra! Plus you'll have a little more time to come up with the cash

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
the asshole that i smell when i read your post makes me believe you are a z06 owner or something, and just so you know assholyness, i bought my cobra with my own money when i was 17, put the big 10er down with the nice 60 month sum you **** sucker. and i live in my own apartment and pay my bills and still wake up with a smile on my face everyday being 19, and i work a better job then you probably ever could dream of, you f'in 2 cent corner prostitute.

gyacopetti said:
Youd be stupid to buy another cobra and not insure it *again*

If you are at fault for an accident w/o insurance, i'm pretty sure the guy whos car got f_ucked up is gonna want some sort of compensation and since you probably dont have any money and you still live at home, your parents will be the ones paying for your ass.

Just something to think about.

Do you really want to be spending that much money on car insurance/payments when your still pretty young?

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
TorchRedCobra04 said:
the asshole that i smell when i read your post makes me believe you are a z06 owner or something, and just so you know assholyness, i bought my cobra with my own money when i was 17, put the big 10er down with the nice 60 month sum you **** sucker. and i live in my own apartment and pay my bills and still wake up with a smile on my face everyday being 19, and i work a better job then you probably ever could dream of, you f'in 2 cent corner prostitute.

:D

Bullshit, the asshole scent that you smell is coming from your lips, you f_cking homo.

Last edited:

bp03svt

Established Member
Damn, I wasn't expecting this post to turn into smackdown in the wrong forum lol. Anyway, that's is stupid- all the taxes and shit up there. I think you should go with the Contour and be done with it if it's just as much as your beater is now.

I would'nt get anther Cobra just because of the weather up there. You have a good point with the bike and the weather---it just doesn't make sense to have a bike when it snows so much and ice is all over everything.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck bro and f@#k the high taxes!!!!!!

csvt13

Jack Bauer for *********!
Established Member
Don't know if you are looking to buy locally or not, but there is a black supercharged SVT contour for sale in the Contour forum (OKC, OK) and my boyfriend is selling his black '00 SVT Contour (few aftermarket mods: headers, magnaflow exhaust tips, khumo tires, and he has a TV in it too). It also has a splitter on the front that makes it look 110% better than regular SVTs. If you do get a Contour, make sure and get a splitter!

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
keep your beater and get a used motorcycle.
Or, SVT contour. you will NOT want to be driving a motorcycle in Toronto. Especially in winter. That's a ****ing death wish.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
I think you should move back to the USA. ;-) Seriously I say get the contour since you can afford it. BTW I chose throw rocks so take those votes for black contour. :rockon:

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Two things come to mind...........

1. Canada sucks. Any of these morons who wish we had nationwide government run health care should look north. What the hell is the point of health care when everything is taxed to the point that cannot enjoy anything?

2. How the hell can anyone recommend an R1 as a first bike?

love bandit2

Established Member
f_rice said:
Two things come to mind...........

1. Canada sucks. Any of these morons who wish we had nationwide government run health care should look north. What the hell is the point of health care when everything is taxed to the point that cannot enjoy anything?

If I get sick I will have to file for bankruptcy.. thats the problem. If my mom gets sick, she's even more ****ed... $400 a month for health coverage is not reasonable. Something is desperately wong. Social Sercuity is NOT a problem. Heathcare is.

Users who are viewing this thread