Cobra vs. Cobra

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Had a chance to run a real fast 97 Cobra today with a blower, this is not a kill story, it is a I got killed story. The guy was running ET streets and was fast as can be, they had a video camera so if you see a sonic blue 2003 getting murdered it was me. :beer:

SVT ROD

Established Member
Damn,

Must have been one fast Cobra...cuase yours is no slouch. You have the best of both worlds with your rides...we have just scratched the service of what these cars can do with mods. Just wait till you slap a Kenne Bell your Cobra....tides will change.

Happy Shreddin,

SVT ROD;-)

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Don't worry, you win some you lose some. I wish you would have been able to tape it, sounds like he had a pretty quick cobra.

93-03cobras

Established Member
Did you see the guy driving the 97 Cobra? Was he bald headed with a red goatee? Very muscular? If it was that is My friend Swanson. He is From Tulsa doing work out there and don't feel bad the car runs mid 11's and has a Sean Highland motor with a Vortec.:thumbsup:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by 93-03cobras
Did you see the guy driving the 97 Cobra? Was he bald headed with a red goatee? Very muscular? If it was that is My friend Swanson. He is From Tulsa doing work out there and don't feel bad the car runs mid 11's and has a Sean Highland motor with a Vortec.:thumbsup:

If it was him.... Do you think you can link us to the video?:beer:

93-03cobras

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
If it was him.... Do you think you can link us to the video?:beer:

I haven't talked to him in a while I am not sure if he will post it on the net but if he sends it to me the i will post a link.:thumbsup:

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
I think he was at the gathering or his twin was there (nice guy), he was not the one I raced however, the kid I raced was thin and had a cast on his right arm, he had a manual and still beat me. :) He runs 11.2's it was a blast.

:beer:

davidmax

Established Member
Its hard to do battle with Sean,but I will whoop your but Hyland any day, you name it.First build me a motor.Dave S.

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
Well it was me, I was the one you raced this morning. We are located in Vegas, a guy is filming to make a video to sell nation wide I am not sure on the specs of when he plans to release it or what.. But I will see if he can post the video up as a teaser or something. It is always cool to meet people that don't take racing to the heart, some people get too competitive, Well it was good to meet you this morning and I hope to see you out there again.
Later,
Ross

Last edited:

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
First I am surprised you would race someone running ET streets and you were on regular tires. Unless you have been at the track doing alot of practicing............As we all know we lose some and we win alot!!!!!!

SB 03

Established Member
the et streets sure gave him an advantage, not to take anything away from his car though

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by 1slosnake
Well it was me, I was the one you raced this morning. We are located in Vegas, a guy is filming to make a video to sell nation wide I am not sure on the specs of when he plans to release it or what.. But I will see if he can post the video up as a teaser or something. It is always cool to meet people that don't take racing to the heart, some people get too competitive, Well it was good to meet you this morning and I hope to see you out there again.
Later,
Ross

Ross,

Nice meeting you today also, I had a blast I appreciate the invite also. Now change your moniker to 1fastsnake
:-D

SVT 03 Cobra

Originally posted by 1slosnake
Later,
Ross

Great run Ross :beer: 1 question tho.... how can your mph be so low on such a fast pass?

Jayson

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Sounds like Ross' 97 Cobra is really setup to come out of the hole super hard and has a mean mid range too. Would be interesting to do some street racing video's here in the Northeast once Spring hits. I for one would love to give it a shot! Congrats on the awesome Cobra Ross! That is one sweet ride. Take care of that arm too, powershifting is not the best therapy :)

Z06.....good to see you held your head high....but next time..make sure you have a bottle in the back just incase :D

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
The reason the car ran a [email protected] is because the way I have the car setup with the gears it leaves good (1.6-8's 60fts), and just blazes through the gears with the 4:10's. With the gears the car is always in it's powerband, And also to be honest I don't have too much done in the mods department besides the blower. And usually I only see like 9-10 pounds of boost at the track. So I really don't expect to see a blazing MPH. But I will probably take the car to Cali in the spring on a 14 pound pulley and see if I can hit 10's on a stock block & internals or blow it up :p .
Thanks,
Ross

Users who are viewing this thread