Cobra Vs Cobra (First run with car)

Oxford

Established Member
Had my first run with the car since the new tune tonight.

Leaving a car show at Billy Joels old motorcycle shop, cruising home alongside my buddy and his notch we come up to a 3 lane light with a black terminator. We give each other a nod in appreciation and I thought it was going to end there, but as we got to around 40-45 I noticed he was keeping it in the sweet spot. I look over at him and he gives me the go ahead to take the lead so I downshift to 3rd and nail it. We were even til about 80 but I left off for traffic.

Second run he gave me the jump again, this time we started from around 55 and same as before we were about even with him pulling ahead of me bit by bit. Then as I shifted to 4th and felt the rear end get wobbly so I shut it down mid way through gear and watched him blow me away. I really need some rubber as its quite obvious traction is my big concern now.

At the next light we exchanged compliments and he asked what I had done. He seemed a bit surprised, he then told me (what i assume cause it was loud and we could barely hear each other) he had a 2.9 whipple and whatever else. I accept the death with grace.

Good runs all around, guy was real chill. Wish I had vids but ill just post up this pic from Billy Joels spot.

Panaramic FTW.

20140805_185142.jpg

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Hurry while there is still time and edit your story to say you both were in 2nd gear at 45 before you get burned :nono:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
If he has a Terminator with a twin screw, odds are better than 50/50 he's on here. If your sig and numbers are current, sounds like he's got some issues going on. He should have at least 150hp on you.

Oxford

Established Member
Hurry while there is still time and edit your story to say you both were in 2nd gear at 45 before you get burned :nono:

Meh, while your correct that I was in the wrong gear this was my first real run with the car since I finally got it tuned or since ive bought it for that matter. So I still need alot more seat time in it. I cant say he was in 3rd just that I was lol.

I should also stress he gave me the jump both times so I had that going for me also. And even though I got smoked I was happy with how the car performed

I hope hes on here too. I barely see 03/04s around where I am

Zemedici

Established Member
you were a gear high and 'were about even' with a 2.9 whipple?

Maybe he had a 2.93 pulley?

intermatic

Established Member
Meh, while your correct that I was in the wrong gear this was my first real run with the car since I finally got it tuned or since ive bought it for that matter. So I still need alot more seat time in it. I cant say he was in 3rd just that I was lol.

I should also stress he gave me the jump both times so I had that going for me also. And even though I got smoked I was happy with how the car performed

I hope hes on here too. I barely see 03/04s around where I am

Hey man, good runs. Your car sounds nasty. Luckily the gopro was on and running. I thought the battery was going to die since I hadn't charged it in a bit. I'll try to post vid soon.

intermatic

Established Member
[youtube_browser]DmfRS5rt0lo[/youtube_browser]

Video is kind of dark and the runs were real short but all in all it was fun. Nice runs OP.:beer:

Last edited:

Oxford

Established Member
Nice! I forgot you had the gopro on your quarter! Yea it def seemed more intense from my point of view lmao. Til next time. Cheers

intermatic

Established Member
It was funny when you two rolled up to the first light. I was so focused on your car (I rarely see other terminators. When I do they're usually going the other way or I'm driving my gf's car) that I didn't even notice your buddies notch pull up right next to me lol. It wasn't until the light had turned and he gave it gas that I realized haha.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
If you ask me, this wasn't even close to a race just some fast lil pulls. Good pulls nonetheless and sweet to see two Terminators next to each other.

Oxford

Established Member
If you ask me, this wasn't even close to a race just some fast lil pulls. Good pulls nonetheless and sweet to see two Terminators next to each other.

Im inclined to agree. Guess i was just excited to finally have the car run against something. :beer:

Oxford

Established Member
And just to get this out there, remember those vids/stories of the guys who start losing traction cant recover and end up wiping out their whole car? And everyone commenting on how the guy should have lifted? Well i will not be that guy over pride. I felt the rear end get a bit happy so I backed off and took my beating like a man. I very well could have stayed in it and prob got grip back but in my eyes it just isnt worth it. The next mods I need is for sure gonna be tires and some decent springs, the 275 Kumhos I have on now would barely grip a road made of 50 grit sandpaper

zacmustang03

Established Member
And just to get this out there, remember those vids/stories of the guys who start losing traction cant recover and end up wiping out their whole car? And everyone commenting on how the guy should have lifted? Well i will not be that guy over pride. I felt the rear end get a bit happy so I backed off and took my beating like a man. I very well could have stayed in it and prob got grip back but in my eyes it just isnt worth it. The next mods I need is for sure gonna be tires and some decent springs, the 275 Kumhos I have on now would barely grip a road made of 50 grit sandpaper
the rougher the road the worse the grip. smooth. more surface area in contact with the tire.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Oxford your right not worth it man, you just got her enjoy, im sure intermatic was just starting to spin that whipple.

Users who are viewing this thread