Cobra vs C5 Vette and RT Charger

SS EATR

Established Member
I have had a couple of runs in the last few week with my pulley/tune cobra. One was against my buddy in the Corvette he just bought. It is a C5 with a 6.0 swap, cam, and full exhaust. We went from a 40 roll since he has traction issues and I jumped out on the hit because he spun a little, but around 100mph he started pulling pretty good and had 2 or 3 cars on me by 130. My car made 444/468 not sure on his power. I have a vid that my passenger sent me but my phone distorted it so bad it looks like it was filmed with a potato.

The run with the RT was more to shut up a trash talker than anything. He outran one of my buddies 2v car and kept talking trash to him and a few other guys. We set up the race, and he pulled up and saw my car and said "If I woulda known I was racing a mustang I would have brought my GT." I told him this wasn't a GT, he then said "I don't care I don't see a 4.6 beating a 5.7" I just laughed and got in my car. The first run was from a dig and I let out around 110 because he was so far back I couldn't tell if he was still in it or not. We did another pull from 40mph and it was just as bad. Normally I wouldn't have wasted the gas but I thought it was a point worth proving.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, what did the charger owner have to say after that? It amazes me how little people know about the 03-04 cobras.

SS EATR

Established Member
Nice, what did the charger owner have to say after that? It amazes me how little people know about the 03-04 cobras.

He mellowed out after the race and didn't make excuses, I was surprised with the attitude he had before it.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Seems like a lot of Mopar guys have no idea about any other types of cars, and think they have the fastest thing around even in their slow-as-a-V6-Camry R/Ts

Rios302

Established Member
Stock 5.7 R/T Chargers are in the same league as 2 valve Mustang GTs and the newer v6 Camaros and Mustangs. It's kind of embarrassing if you ask me. I once beat a stock R/T Manual Charger with my 2004 Mustang GT. I also raced 5.7 R/T manual that had every possible bolt on short of forced induction/NOS yet it was still no match for my stock 2011 GT.

Users who are viewing this thread