Cobra vs. 2014 Dodge Viper GTS

mnetwork

Established Member
Finally got to race my friend's 2014 Viper last night. It was a 40 roll, so I either had to spin and feather 2nd or start low in 3rd. I started low in 3rd and once in 4th the car was really pulling. Pretty much ended up even. Good race.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Great camera work and quality video!

What is done to the cobra?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m a little confused... where you on the stock Eaton or TVS?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I say that because the race went as if you had the Eaton instead of the TVS... if you had the TVS, you should have smoked him...

FYI, dynocom dynos read waaay high. Very happy dynos.

mnetwork

Established Member
I say that because the race went as if you had the Eaton instead of the TVS... if you had the TVS, you should have smoked him...

FYI, dynocom dynos read waaay high. Very happy dynos.

Obviously this was on the TVS. It wouldn't even be close on an Eaton. I'm not sure where you are you getting your numbers from. The Viper traps a 129-131 in in the 1/4 mile and weighs a bit less. I'm 625whp on that pulley on a Dynocom and had a stock pull on that same dyno that actually read less (10whp/10wtq less) than my Dynojet pull when I was first tuned on the Eaton. I was also way below peak torque starting out while he was up in 2nd in a good part of his powerband. Again, not sure where your information is coming from.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Obviously this was on the TVS. It wouldn't even be close on an Eaton. I'm not sure where you are you getting your numbers from. The Viper traps a 130 in in the 1/4 mile and weighs a bit less. I'm 625whp on that pulley on a Dynocom and a had a stock pull on that same dyno that actually read less than my Dynojet pull when I was first tuned on the Eaton. Again, not sure where your information is coming from.

My bad man.... I’m an idiot. I read 2004 Viper, instead “2014”. Still asleep...

Totally makes sense. Car did good! Thanks for sharing.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
When I first got my viper I got pulled by a bolt on gen II cts V. I started the race in 3rd and 60 when I should have dropped to 2nd. Never got a chance to race that car again. 3rd pulls all the way up to 130.
Good race, it take a lot of money to make vipers faster and then insanely fast is even more $$$

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Put that TVS on high boost with some E85 and Viper will be in the rear view mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread