Cobra Upgrade Anonymous

1998Venom

Established Member
Where do I sign up?

My original strategy was simply to upgrade parts as they failed, however, that's been replaced with a reckless need to upgrade every aspect of the car! :thumbsup:

Its to the point that I'm on a first name basis with several of the local courier drivers! I need help, and I figured that I should turn to my brethren for advice and guidance. I know that I'm not the only offender, and if there is sufficient demand, I'll start taking applications! :D

1998Venom

Established Member
I've decided on a new strategy - no internal engine work or power adders... at least until I've maxed the car with bolt-ons, then, I'll have a low 12-second 8-year old car - this is insanity!:bash:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Lol, you got the mod bug. I haven't been able the kit it since I really started modding in January. I keep telling myself that I won't buy sh#t for my car till sh#t break, but that is not working. Tried staying out of the Market forum, but it doesn't work. :)

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
:lol: Yup, get a women and your mod bug will apply for unemployment. The reason my Cobra is still mostly stock...those darn dinners add up!

-Chris

1998Venom

Established Member
You mean I have to tell my wife!:eek:

Just kidding, she's pretty supportive, although how can I truly justify a header, X-pipe, cat-back upgrade when the current system is stainless steel, and I have no issues with my exhaust?:lol:

gmaine

Established Member
Tell your wife that Ford uses the same exhaust manifolds on the Cobra as the Festiva. The stock system is very restrictive, robs power, especially on a car with 4V heads. I was able to persuade my wife for LT Headers, catback, etc. Be a good guy, take her out to dinner and tell her it will transform the car.

Users who are viewing this thread