Cobra Tune Up Questions

97CobraTT

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra
Established Member
Now I've owned several mustangs, pushrod motors, earlier mod motors and it was relatively simple tune ups. NOW that I'm onto this 03 cobra *my pride and joy at 21 years old lol* I'm not so much as clueless, just would like insight on what is really involved with a tune up on these cars IE: Fluid flush which is easy, plugs, coil packs/plug wires?, pcv?, what lol. I've search BUT all that comes up are other topics jumbled together with no answers to my specific question. Thanks all!

-Nick

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
well for starters, there are no plug wires. How many miles are on the car?

plugs are a breeze, and the coil packs are good to go, should need to change thise unless they fail.

Tom

SpectorV

Established Member
fuel filter, flush coolant (fully remove the plugs in the block as well to drain it all out) clean the maf wires perhaps (easy to do) and inspect the hoses/belt thats about it~ as far as how many miles you have.

97CobraTT

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra
Established Member
Damn a big EASIER step up from my old 97 cobra...Thanks all.

You think I should do plugs now? As I pretty sure they are stock in there now. Only problem is I'm being told Tr6's yet I'm reading they don't last long and cause misfires at idle sometimes.

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
SpectorV said:
fuel filter, flush coolant (fully remove the plugs in the block as well to drain it all out) clean the maf wires perhaps (easy to do) and inspect the hoses/belt thats about it~ as far as how many miles you have.

amen

after you get some miles on it you will want to change the blower oil. there is a big thread on here how to change the oil also

97CobraTT

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra
Established Member
Anyone have any input on my previous post about the Tr6's causing issues? As if I put new plugs in I wouldn't want any slight misfiring at idle.

fr03cobra

Established Member
lthlsnake said:
amen

after you get some miles on it you will want to change the blower oil. there is a big thread on here how to change the oil also

don't just change the blower oil. change the blower to a KB or whipple.lol :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread