Cobra took a hit on Sunday. Need suggestions.. pic heavy

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Car took a hit from the side on sunday. Finally got the fenders off and a close up of the damage... Any input from body pros would be appreciated. From what I can see it looks like the aprons have been tweaked along with the core support.

xriyNZ7.jpg

DxkWOeX.jpg

Apuxbg5.jpg

okgWFP7.jpg

7VSkISn.jpg

huPi0I8.jpg

ak6CakT.jpg

9bdWiDN.jpg

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I've seen worse get straightened with no issue.
Looks like most of the damage is in front of the suspension mounting points except for the sway bar.

Rentlyrent

Established Member
Looks like it would be a pretty easy pull on a frame machine. Pics are a little tricky to diagnose from though. I've seen many that look ok in a pic but much worse in person.

Posted via Topify on Android

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Finally got under the car today and got a look at the frame rails. There is a definite bend just forward of the strut towers on both side to the passenger side in the frame rails.

K member, a arms, struts, all look to be good. I was able to drive it home ~15 miles from the towing lot and it had no noticeable driving issues. She took the hit right where the core support and upper fender apron meet up.

I'll be making an appt tomorrow to have it looked at by a body shop. Am I correct to assume that I could ask them to put it on the machine and at least measure it to see how out of alignment it is first?

Thanks!

Last edited:

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Good deal. It's going in on Monday to be checked out and see if it'll dodge the scrap yard.

I tried to do some research online but am just wondering how they measure. Is the car's dimensions pre-programmed into the machine or something?

Rentlyrent

Established Member
they have guides they will line up and most shops will have lasers that will "square" the car up and output the data to a computer. I've always done the measuring with an actual tape measure. :)

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
The shop has quoted me $125 to measure and 250-300 to pull if necessary.

Any of you guys have any pointers for installing the structure from the shock towers forward once it's pulled back into place. I have found a low mileage 2003 donor that I'd like to use and will sell me the front shell, chopped at the a pillar, for $250. I looks pretty immaculate. No accidents and only had a bad engine. Another thing I noticed is a couple of placed inside the boxed metal where there appears to be significant rust.

Users who are viewing this thread