Cobra to Mach 1....

keebs888

Predictably unpredictable
Established Member
What parts (minus the complete engine of course) would I need to put a Mach 1 engine in a 96 Cobra? I am seriously considering this as it's time for a rebuild and would rather have a new engine.

Thanks!

-keith

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
If you've got a 96-98 keep your Teskid block and rebuild it. It'll be stronger than the Mach engine and you can rebuild it cheaper than purchasing a new Mach engine.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
If you've got a 96-98 keep your Teskid block and rebuild it. It'll be stronger than the Mach engine and you can rebuild it cheaper than purchasing a new Mach engine.
+1 for me too :-D

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
Not sure about the swap, but I have heard many good things about the Teskid block, I'd try to keep it.

keebs888

Predictably unpredictable
Established Member
Ok then.....what about putting the mach cams/heads/intake on my rebuilt bottom end? Will this make you guys happy? :D

heads, cams, intake, egr tube, throttle & cruise cable (maybe), reuse your fuel rails and drop it in......

you already have the 4v hardware (i.e. secondary sprockets/tensioners/chains, 32 hyd adjusters and followers, etc all of which will go with the new heads)....

cobra46

Banned
why waste the time with a mach 1 motor. put an 03 cobra motor with a blower in that bad boy and call it a day

Users who are viewing this thread