Cobra t-56 TOB problem

cobra21987

Established Member
Went to replace my throwout bearing on my 04 cobra goes it was making noise. I replaced it with a ford racing throwout bearing and now it makes even more noise unless i keep the clutch pushed in. Any ideas on what to do would be awesome thanks

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Went to replace my throwout bearing on my 04 cobra goes it was making noise. I replaced it with a ford racing throwout bearing and now it makes even more noise unless i keep the clutch pushed in. Any ideas on what to do would be awesome thanks

Sounds like your clutch is not properly adjusted

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
How many many miles did you get out of it? I've seen a bent clutch fork ruin a TOB in under 500 miles.

I do agree that adjustment is the most likely cause. Do you have an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjustor?

cobra21987

Established Member
nope just the stock setup, what kind of firewall adjuster should i get? I also took my inspection cover off last night and looked in there and the tob is riding on the pp

cobra21987

Established Member
tn

http://thumbp11-ne1.thumb.mail.yaho...ffset=2_0_0_1_55768&partid=2&f=1814&fid=Inbox

cobra21987

Established Member
Well it was making noise before i changed the tob and now its making even more noise right away..Should the tob bearing be touching the pp

subemup

Established Member
Did you ever get this figured out?? I've got the same issue. Sounded like I had a cricket under my car without light pressure on the clutch. I had the TOB replaced with a Ford racing one and now I've got a pissed off cricket under there. Guys at the shop (which I trust) said everything looked good inside. I've adjusted the clutch multiple times with the stock setup. Car has just under 16K on it. Feelin your pain cobra21987, hatin the sound of my car. Maybe I need to look more into this adjuster/quadrant stuff....

Users who are viewing this thread