cobra supercharger not very loud

graveyard

Established Member
I bought a cobra a couple of days ago and it dont squill like the others cobras i herd,but this one is stock with the factory air filter and exhaust,nothing has been changed.Just wondering if a few mods will wake it up, cold air intake,exhaust,pullies etc let me know guys,i rode a couple of others cobras that had just a cold air and exhaust and they seem faster.
a little info please

BBCOBRA

Established Member
search on brands but a upper pulley, exhaust and a cold air kit will get you a easy 100 hp at the wheels.

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
Yep, it will get louder with a Intake (JLT is good), then might as well do a pulley, 2.7, an idlers, and an exhaust and a tune.........BOOM +100 rwhp!

graveyard

Established Member
will be getting it done shortly:banana: thanks man i was worried for a minute though i had bought a sick 04 cobra

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
You did buy a sick car, just not sick enough... yet.
Post some photos of your car.

Find a good tuner in your area, come up with about $3gs in upgrade money for full exhaust, cold air intake, a good tune, pulleys, cooling mods, etc... and you will get your desired sickness.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
take off the hood blanket and open up those plastic flaps that cover the underside of the vent holes in the hood. Just doing that and removing that snorkel/air silencer from the airbox will make that blower sound a lot louder even before you go swapping pulleys or porting blowers. Cheap fun/sound :thumbsup:

*P*Grass

i need to get 600+ on 20$
Established Member
take off the hood blanket and open up those plastic flaps that cover the underside of the vent holes in the hood. Just doing that and removing that snorkel/air silencer from the airbox will make that blower sound a lot louder even before you go swapping pulleys or porting blowers. Cheap fun/sound :thumbsup:

^ +1 hood blanket mod!

exdeath

Established Member
They are very quiet and sound lazy when stock, nothing unusual. JLT intake, 2.76 upper (with tune of course) and hood blanket delete with Fore Precision vent inserts and it will scream like it's being raped, only it will be the one doing the raping.

Last edited:

graveyard

Established Member
I will get some of this done quick as possible,i can do the hood and vent mod easy.I plan on have the pullies put on and some stuff but i will need a tune i know,what i was wondering is how much can i do myself to save myself money and not mess the engine up till i get the pullies and tune on.
I should be able to do the bassain cat back and the X pipe without a tune shouldn't i ?? I was going to put the JLT cold air on myself if possible and maybe get the extra cooling mod for the EYTON charger,u know the extra big tank and the small colling rad for it,not for sure if i will do this or not right now.
I was thinking of having the blower ported with a stage 5 or something close dont know depends on funds i guess i wonder what the difference would be ibetween the HP by not haveing it ported and leaving it stock with just pullies,i was wanting to get as much as possible out of it without putting a KB or changing injectors or anything major,i hop to get as close to 450, 500 as possible without any real major changes,is this possible?
Car is fiflthy,i drove it back in the rain form ashivlle NC a few days ago but i will get some pictures up soon as possible, REDFIRE,04 black seat inserts 40,000 miles cars is spotless inside,has normal scratches on outside from everday driving nothing big car looks good i belive i will like it,especillay when i wake it up a little more on power.:beer:
thanks guys more info the better:banana:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
these things are slow as hell stock, and quiet too.

like others have said, start with removing the hood blanket, and open the hood flaps. swap out the intake. you can pull the rubber snorkel out of the fenderwell/stock intake for now (for more blower whine), until you get your replacement intake. also once you put a small upper on the blower, that will make it whine much louder...you will be able to hear the blower with just normal driving/taking off, without even getting into boost.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I would start with a upper pulley, exhaust, and CAI. That alone with a good tune should net you 450rwhp or more. Also invest in some bigger stickier tires. You might be aware of this already but make sure you change to a 1 heat range colder spark plug when changing upper pulley. I tried the NGK tr6 and they left a hesitation at lower speeds. I now run NGK tr6ix iridiums and it smoothed everything out.

Like others said remove the hood insulator, and I cut the flaps off of the vents on the hood.

graveyard

Established Member
I would start with a upper pulley, exhaust, and CAI. That alone with a good tune should net you 450rwhp or more. Also invest in some bigger stickier tires. You might be aware of this already but make sure you change to a 1 heat range colder spark plug when changing upper pulley. I tried the NGK tr6 and they left a hesitation at lower speeds. I now run NGK tr6ix iridiums and it smoothed everything out.

Like others said remove the hood insulator, and I cut the flaps off of the vents on the hood.

OK i will start on some of these things very quick,i appricate everones help:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread