Cobra strikes Cobra three times

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I happened upon a 2003 Black Cobra in Natchitoches tonight. A beautiful girl was in the backseat, and two (fellow) rednecks in the front. Turns out they were from Lake Charles (guess they were in for the festival of lights). A few glances at their car told me it was completely stock. A few blips of my throttle told them mine was not. *grin* We talked a bit about Cobras in general and where to get modifications. Turns out a buddy of hers has a really fast Silver Cobra in Forest Hill. They asked if I would casually race them to see how my modifications would help me out. I obliged, but from a roll only. Why bother roasting the tires in 1st gear and shedding those F1 $'s?

We get to a secluded spot and punch off from a 20mph roll. He lets off at the top of 2nd gear and I let off in the middle of 3rd. No contest. We turn around and do it again. Same thing, he lets out of the top of 2nd. Last time he decides to take a preemptive attack. He doesn't gain much ground as I blast right past in a few feet of pavement. I can't believe how just an exhaust and cold air intake make such a difference on this car. Maybe the 30-40rwhp gain from those mods isn't such a fallacy.

Now where did that 2.8" pulley & predator run off to?

Last edited:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Hank said:
I happened upon a 2003 Black Cobra in Natchitoches tonight. A beautiful girl was in the backseat, and two (fellow) rednecks in the front. Turns out they were from Lake Charles (guess they were in for the festival of lights). A few glances at their car told me it was completely stock. A few blips of my throttle told them mine was not. *grin* We talked a bit about Cobras in general and where to get modifications. Turns out a buddy of hers has a really fast Silver Cobra in Forest Hill. They asked if I would casually race them to see how my modifications would help me out. I obliged, but from a roll only. Why bother roasting the tires in 1st gear and shedding those F1 $'s?

We get to a secluded spot and punch off from a 20mph roll. He lets off at the top of 2nd gear and I let off in the middle of 3rd. No contest. We turn around and do it again. Same thing, he lets out of the top of 2nd. Last time he decides to take a preemptive attack. He doesn't gain much ground as I blast right past in a few feet of pavement. I can't believe how just an exhaust and cold air intake make such a difference on this car. Maybe the 30-40rwhp gain from those mods isn't such a fallacy.

Now where did that 2.8" pulley & predator run off to?

Nice kill. An exhaust and CAI will make a pretty big difference, but the other guy also had more weight in the car with 3 people (I'm assuming you were by yourself), which also makes a big difference.

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
Haha

Hey man thanks for the compliments on MY WIFE! :beer: heeh she was the one in the back seat, my brother in law was driving my cobra. Damn i wish i could of been driving, that way i would be inspired to start modding it. yeah my wife called and said "we raced another cobra" . i was like "and?" then she says "oh man that thing moved,t beat the hell out of our cobra" :D damn that is nice that you only have CAI and exhaust, looks like i'll be picking up stingers and a JLT when i come home to visit! :beer: oh yeah she said something about a shifter too. which one do you have ?

Last edited:

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I figured you were on here. She said her hubby was overseas at the moment. You're a good man for buying her such a nice car. She said she races people all the time. She wondered why the hell the pony emblem was in the front instead of a Cobra. I wonder it too! Pretty good races. I tried to catch up to them after the races but the cops were sticking to me like glue. I guess getting the limo tint earlier that day caused it.

I have a MGW shifter and it's currently using the blue (race) handle. The rest of the mods are: Magnaflow catback, UPR O/R x-pipe, and JLT CAI. When are you going to mod your car?

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Though a cai and exhaust help, I'd say the 350+ lbs was the big factor. I raced a cai and c/b 03 when I was stock and there was a difference but not a killing.

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
ha It's a small world! I think i am going to start modding in jan , i am going to start out with MGW and JLT CAi just like you have but i am going the stinger rout as far as exhaust goes! i'll pm when i am coming into town and hopefully we can run again! It should be a good rematch if your mods are still the same. Now if you trhow on the 2.80 pulley and predator , well you will have to give me the jump and some carlengths!

Users who are viewing this thread