Cobra still stalls after FPRS change??

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I sold my cobra to a local guy,and it died on him at idle. At first i was convinced that it was the sensor. He changed it and all was well untill today.Died on him at idle in a drive through. I know the PPRV delete is guilty of causing problems with hesitation between shifts. Here is the code it is throwing:

P1237=Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit (Fuel Pump Driver Module)

Electronic Returnless Fuel Systems (ERFS) utilize a Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) to control fuel pressure. The PCM uses a Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (FRP) for feedback. The PCM outputs a duty cycle to the FPDM to maintain the desired fuel rail pressure. During normal operation, the PCM will output a FP duty cycle from 5% to 51%. The FPDM will run the fuel pump at twice this duty cycle, e.g. if the PCM outputs a 42% duty cycle, the FPDM will run the fuel pump at 84%. If the PCM outputs a 75% duty cycle, the FPDM will turn off the fuel pump. As far as the code..

If the FPDM does not out any diagnostic signal, (0 or 100% duty cycle), the PCM sets a P1233 DTC. This DTC is set if the FPDM loses power. This can also occur if the Inertia Fuel Switch is tripped.

If the FPDM outputs a 25% duty cycle, it means that the fuel pump control duty cycle is out of range. This may occurs if the FPDM does not receive a valid control duty cycle signal from the PCM. The FPDM will default to 100% duty cycle on the fuel pump control output. The PCM sets a P1235 DTC.

If the FPDM outputs a 75% duty cycle, it means that the FPDM has detected an open or short on the fuel pump control circuit. The PCM sets a P1237 DTC.

Here is the list of mods:
All are bolt ons
Steg Stage 5 Blower
2.76 LFP upper pulley
4 # LFP lower pulley
3.2 Alt pulley
LFP Idler Pulleys
Acufab TB and Plenum
Diablosport Mafia mass air extender
60 lb injectors
Kenne Bell BAP wired hot all the time
PPRV delete
SCT X3 with custom blower tune and custom nitrous tune
NOS nitrous wet kit with plate system pilled at .044 or 90 shot
Bottle heater with safety cutoff
Bottle pressure gauge
Safety blow down tube
Custom nitrous purge with solenoid and purge coming thru the cobra in front
LFP dual pass heat exchanger
IRS brace
Magnaflow cat back
Off road X pipe
K+N filter
Even flow cooling mod
Ngk BR7EF plugs
P-Fab intercooler ice box
Spec alum flywheel
Spec Stage 2+ clutch 26 spline
26 spline input shaft by Liberty with correct shim
Hardened TOB reatiner
Fiore firewall adjuster and quandrant
LDC freeplay kit
MGW shifter
Home made 1/8th inch subframe connectors with 1/8th plate at torque box
Driveshaft safety loop
WOT Box
Dynojet wideband commander
Boost and fuel gauges
raptor shift light
nitto drag radials

:shrug:

03sm3341

Established Member
From the sounds of it. The FPDM took a crap. Not really too uncommon. Try jumping the brown/pink wire and the red black wire in the FPDM plug. I think there pin 3 and pin 10. The pumps should spin up. And give you a fuel psi on the lines. The pumps will be at 100% duty cycle so dont start it. And dont hold them on for very long. This might give you an idea also if your PPRV deleat is kinked or a line has fallen off and dumping fuel right back into the tank. By looking at what kind of psi your getting on your tuner. I would bet the FPDM is toast though, hope this helps.

Last edited:

runvusofme

Established Member
This is my car now. It's died 3 times since I got it.

1st was stuck in traffic on a hot day.
2nd and 3rd was idling for awhile in a drive-thru line.

Like Hub said, I replaced the sensor but it has still done it since then.

When it dies it will start to stumble at idle then just die. The 1st time it took about 10 minutes for it to start back. The others I was able to start it back up with some revving on start. Each time it through the code P1237 though.

I'll check the FPDM later tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread