Cobra starts misfiring at 4k...

venom04svt

Established Member
Well, seems like the gremlin has come back again, After intalling and tuning the 3.4 crusher all was good...now the misfire is back. Idiling its fine, driving its fine long as you stay under that magic number of 4K anything over that it goes to misfiring, lil info about my build, stock bottom end, heads, cams all stock. Whipple 3.4 crusher, 80lb injectors, sct 5000 maf, granatelli coils, msd 2-step, return fuel system, aeromotive eliminator pump, pump controller, regulator. When diagnosing the misfiring originally it was missing all the time, barely would idling etc. Found the MAP sensor was melted, alternator was bad, replaced both. Now it has over 14v charging, map is good, replaced the ba-5000 with a stock maf and the problem is still there... Fastlane Motorsports is doing the work and this even has Caleb baffled. I don't know whats the deal with it myself.. Runs great till it gets to 4k then goes to shit..

venom04svt

Established Member
Yea, i wanted to try the coils, i have heard good and bad with them, these were the new ones that were suppost to not be plagued by the problems the early ones were... Its on the dyno messing up... all the testing has been done while doing dyno pulls for logging trying to find the gremlin..

Users who are viewing this thread