Cobra, Snow = :(

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
cobra + summer tires + snow = fail :idea:

the hell were you thinking? :bash:

Tango7

Established Member
Well they totaled my car.... I guess because the k member was bent and painting the passager side and rear bumber cover was over half the value of the car.. Which sucks.. It really is not that bad.. I have no idea what the price they will offer me for the car..

To all that has said what the Hell was I thinking.. At the time when I went to work it was not even raining... When it started I waited to long before I left.. I should have drove something else to work but hin site is 20/20

May have parts for sale..

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Dude... shit happens. I'm not going to sit here and give you crap for driving your cobra in the snow with those tires/ wheels. I'm not going to tell you to 'learn how to drive' like some other people have.

Glad you are okay, and it's like anything with cars. When shit happens, replace it or fix it up better. I would be a wreck if this happened to my car, but you will either A) Have a great new paint job, and your car will look sweet again or B) Buy a Terminator.

Anyway, glad you're okay, and I wish you the best. :beer:

SVT IV.VI

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Established Member
Ouch, sorry to see this and hear that it has been dubbed "totaled". Glad your OK though. I'm also from Hickory, and that was a hell of a snow...haven't had one like that in several years. You were right though...didn't even really start coming down and start sticking till around lunch time. Where did it happen exactly?(I see the sign and exit 141 but that isn't really helpful)

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Sorry to hear OP. Even with great winter tires on f-bodies/mustangs, theyre still a hand full in the winter! I couldnt imagine driving with those tires on!

I've driven 3 different f-bodies in the winter. All with winter tires and weight in the trunk... I got fed up, and bought a 4wd trailblazer this year.

Good luck!

Tango7

Established Member
Ouch, sorry to see this and hear that it has been dubbed "totaled". Glad your OK though. I'm also from Hickory, and that was a hell of a snow...haven't had one like that in several years. You were right though...didn't even really start coming down and start sticking till around lunch time. Where did it happen exactly?(I see the sign and exit 141 but that isn't really helpful)

I-40 west of Statesville. Things happen.. I did not get hurt or hurt anyone else so that is a plus..

SMKNGT

Gotta love a V8 Girl!
Established Member
Ouch! Im so glad I moved away from snow, I've had some close calls, but never off road. Glad you're okay! Sorry to hear the car is totaled :(

Last edited:

EVO-lution

Established Member
yea man like everyone else said...glad you're OK. Thats why the Mach sat for the past week and still has been sitting. I been taking the train and then from the train a taxi to work. I won't even ATTEMPT to run my DR's in the snow.

Hopefully everything gets better and works out for ya man. Good luck :thumbsup:

Ralo

Established Member
I picked my car up last year outside of Atlanta and had to drive home (bout a hour from Memphis) It was all rain down south but as I got close to between Nashville and Jackson I ran across more snow then we have had in the area in a long time. I was very tense. My low fuel light came on and I made it up a exit ramp and Jackson and went up it spinning the whole way. Stayed the night there and finished up the trip the next morning after the sun came out(snow never sticks on the road really long here). Now that I have DR's on the back I won't take it out in the rain but I was caught in the rain a few days ago and I will never be again. I was driving a carefully as possible and the ass it went to floating so i let the roads loss some puddle and drove about 50miles home way under the limit and out of the ruts on our crappy highways. You defiantly have to be extra careful in these cars. Good thing you are alright.

DSC_0738-1.gif

DSC_0741-1.gif

DSC_0746-1.gif

Last edited:

Velocity138

Established Member
ask them how much you can buy it back for . :??:
+2 Also if you owned your car then you will still have some money left to fix it and to add some mods. Same shit happened to me in my wife's Turbo fox with a dear. The only reason they total the car is because the repair assessment is more then they feel like paying. The amount on the wife's car was only $1K of repairs and they totaled it. (bumper, hood, support, lights and 1 fender.) THe payout was 5K and I got it back for $1000. I took the rest and painted the car DSG and got all of the other parts that I had been wanting to get for it. (wheels, & 03 Cobra Brakes)

Title status dont mean shit if you love your car and you plan on keeping it for a long time if not till you die like me! LOL

If you can buy it back and you have $ to spare then just take your time on forums and ebay and LKQ (Like Kind & Quality) locating the parts and put that sexy bitch back together.

If you end up not beign able to buy it back or what ever happens, I am sorry to hear this happened to you Bro. At least you are safe and you were able to spend another Christmas with friends and family instead of spending the holidays in the ER (like I did 8 years ago). At the end of the day it is just a car.

If you do get the buy it back and you need any info no LKQ or other sources on tracking down the parts, just shoot me a PM and I will give you all fo the sources that I have been able to track down over the years.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

Stephen

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Established Member
sorry to hear

this is why my Cobra has been stored since October wont be out till May, that goes for every year

Users who are viewing this thread