Cobra/ Saleen?

usahooters

Established Member
New to the site and a question for ya, Does anyone have any info on Ford not making the Cobra in 2002. I have heard but don't have any real info that the next ones made will be 2003. I want to get either a Cobra or a Saleen but I want a new one. Thanks for any info :)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Official news will be released February 7th.

What I've heard is there will only be one Cobra for the '02 model year, the Terminator. It will be a Roots style supercharged 4.6 (2V or 4V is not yet clear, I'd bet 2V) and released late in production. If the MACH1 makes production, as well, it will be a 4.6 4V, stick axle GT. Keep your fingers crossed for a 400HP, supercharged DOHC for the Terminator... If they paint them blue, hmmmm...:r:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
302?

:D hey guys, just wondering what size engine is in the 99 svt cobras. i just picked one up about a month ago. alot of people ask if its a 302. looks a lot bigger than a 302 to me. any one know what the actual c.i. is?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
They have the good ole 5.0 Replacement the 4.6 Liter Longitudinally mounted, 90-degree V8, cast aluminum block and heads, iron cylinder liners, fully counterweighted forged crankshaft. Horsepower (SAE net) 320 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Torque 317 lb./ft. @ 4,750 rpm
Redline 6,800 rpm (fuel shut-off occurs at 7,000 rpm)
And 9.85:1 Compression so you dont ping on pump gas
:D

Hope that helps!!

-Zach

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
302?

thanks zach, but i got most of that from my owners book.
do they even go by cubic inches anymore or is that what the 90-degree v8 means?
also im looking for a K&N intake for the 4v any one know of a good place to get them or a better set up?
ive found lots for the 2v for about $160.
thanks
J

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
Keep your fingers crossed for a 400HP, supercharged DOHC for the Terminator... If they paint them blue, hmmmm...:r:
They did and they are going to use the kickass SONIC BLUE on the '03. I can't wait to see that!

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
couldnt wait any longer lol

hey guys thanks for the cubic inch info.
I ran out and just got the K&N filter element. I think im just gonna get the ram air kit for $110 and call it quits for the intake.(for now!):-D

Users who are viewing this thread