Cobra Recalls

Cobra-R

Established Member
Have you guys had your recalls done on your R yet?I keep getting the letters in the mail and havn't responded yet. I understand the parking brake update, but what are they changing in the rear suspension? Anybody have pics?

Thanks Brian

kevin

brian, i took mine in for the e-brake fix. they pulled the inside of the center console out and found it was already factory fixed.

ya better get the rear knuckle issue taken care of tho, especially before any more track events. they replace the upper and lower arms in the rear. ya can't keep the originals cause they go back to ford as proof the work was done. i was also told they now have the batch number of the new stuff and each car they 've been put on.

i've seen emails from others (99 owners) that have had their's actually break on them while driving. VERY UGLY. get it done. , pronto.

if ya remember an old post of mine. make sure they tighten down the tie rod after the alignment.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Cobra-R

Established Member
Ordered the parts today, hopefully will get done in the next week or two. Thanks Kevin

Brian

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Brian - Make sure you check everything over after you get it back. Several people have had problems with the dealership not tightning everything down. Also check the lugs.

Make sure they do an alignment too. It sounds like it would be common sense for the dealership to do that but several people have had problems with that too. Make sure they use the R specs too. If I were you, I would call SVT and get the specs yourself and hand it to the dealership.

We sure don't need anything happening to you at RA.

kevin

brian, i had the alignment specs and now can't find 'em. like dean said, call svt for 'em cause the dealer didn't have 'em. once ya get 'em, would ya post 'em in the private forum or here? thanks.

i might get my car back fri or sat:):):):D hope it works.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Cobra-R

Established Member
Dean,
I talked to them about that. They are going to let me stay with the car while they work on it. I want to make sure it is done right and they don't decide that the car needs a "test drive"

Kevin,
I will post the specs when I call svt.

Brian

BRIMSTONE

I told the dealer, no "road test" without my presence. The advisor had a cow. Must've been looking forward to tearing up the road with it. Very scary...

Cobra-R

Established Member
Tom,
No, I went and talked to the dealer I buy the business trucks from, they are only 5 miles away. they said it would be no problem doing it. Like I told you when I was picking up the Cobra, it is really hard for me to get away during the day in order to take the car up there and wait for it. I will probly set a day aside and bring the other R up there if it hasn't been done yet, then maybe we can have lunch.

Brian

kevin

whenever i've taken my car some where for service, i always stay with it. if it's left overnite. i instruct the service advisor and only one mechanic are allowed to move it and i want the mecahnic to lock it in his box. period. i also, make sure they know THAT I KNOW the milage on the car.

most have been very good about it and understand my point.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Coo'
CobraRHiWay.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread