Cobra R Recaro 00 seats dimensions?????

RedFox

Established Member
I would like to order these seats but can't find the dimensions anywhere. I am 6'6" and need to know the dimension from the bottom of the seat to the top of the headrest.

What do you guys think of these seats? Comfort, support, lumbar, seat material...

Thank you.

RedFox

Established Member
Thank you very much, tha't exactly what I'm looking for.

They show a dimension from the seat to the top of the headrest at 830mm which is approx. 33.2" but they don't show the dimension from the very back of the seat. I noticed that you are a vendor. Would you happen to have this dimension?

For comparison sake, are these seats equal or taller than the 03 Cobra with the headrest fully extended?

I like the Cobra R logo but would certainly consider the same seat without it. What is the SVTP discount?

Thanks again.

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member

They show a dimension from the seat to the top of the headrest at 830mm which is approx. 33.2" but they don't show the dimension from the very back of the seat. I noticed that you are a vendor. Would you happen to have this dimension?

For comparison sake, are these seats equal or taller than the 03 Cobra with the headrest fully extended?

I like the Cobra R logo but would certainly consider the same seat without it. What is the SVTP discount?

Thanks again.

i would say these seats are about the same size as 03's maybe a tad shorter, however you will notice the difference when you pick them up, they are featherweights. and when you sit in them ohhh they are so comfy, blows my 03's out of the water. now im only about 6 ft and i fit perfect i dunno because your 6'6 you might be a hair tight. If you have teh means to get them i would highly recommend them.

RedFox

Established Member
i would say these seats are about the same size as 03's maybe a tad shorter, however you will notice the difference when you pick them up, they are featherweights. and when you sit in them ohhh they are so comfy, blows my 03's out of the water. now im only about 6 ft and i fit perfect i dunno because your 6'6 you might be a hair tight. If you have teh means to get them i would highly recommend them.

Yes, everything I have read about them indicates how comfortable and supportive they are but my main concern is "head support" which is a safety concern. I have that issue in many cars. If they fit, I will buy them.

93SVTCobra

Established Member

Thanks again.

The only problem with an A to B comparison between the two seats is that in the Recaro seat the bottom of the seat (where you butt actually sits) is lower than in a regular Mustang seat which has a MUCH thicker base and you sit on top of it. (I'm not sure if that makes any sense or not. I have an 03 Cobra seat here without a headrest (go figure) that I will try to make some comparative measures between and get back to you.

RedFox

Established Member
The only problem with an A to B comparison between the two seats is that in the Recaro seat the bottom of the seat (where you butt actually sits) is lower than in a regular Mustang seat which has a MUCH thicker base and you sit on top of it. (I'm not sure if that makes any sense or not. I have an 03 Cobra seat here without a headrest (go figure) that I will try to make some comparative measures between and get back to you.

Yes it does and if that is the case then the R seat should be higher (for the back). OK if you can measure from the bottom to the top and then the same (excluding headrest
on the 03 cobra seat, that will give me a really good idea.

Also, do you think that you are sitting about 2" lower in the Recaro compared to the 03 Cobra seat?

When you have a chance, can you pm me a price?

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread