Cobra R Racing In New Zealand

COBRA NZ

Established Member
HI EVERYONE I PURCHASED COBRA R NO 217 NEW FROM DOWNS FORD NEW EXPORTED IT NEW ZEALAND PREPED IT FOR RACING INCLUDINGROLL CAGE AND MANY MODS WITH MUCH HELP FROM JEESE AT SVT THE CAR NOW HAS 11500 RACE MILES ON IT MANY SUCCESS HAVE BEEN HAD INCLUDING THE INDURANCE SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP 2003 THIS SERIES STARTS AGAIN ON MAY 15 THIS YEAR WE ARE RUNNING A NEW ENGINE BUILT BY SEAN HYLAND INCREASING HORSE POWER TO 520. MODS COIL OVER SUSPENSION AP FLOATING BRAKES DPI DIFF WE WERE HOPING TO HAVE TIM BROWN FROM BROWN BROS FORD BUT IT SEEMS BUSSINESS MAY KEEP HIM AT HOME ANYONE WANTING TO KNOW MORE PLEASE CONTACT

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Welcome to SVTperformance.com You might post this up in the Cobra R forum Im sure they and myself included would like to hear more about what you have done to your R. :burnout:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
You installed flowmasters? What did you do with the stock exhaust? Did you just swap out the mufflers or the entire catback?

COBRA NZ

Established Member
original motor was used to do the first 11500 race miles sean hyland built me an alliuminium 6 liter short block and we are putting original on this block should reduse wieght and increase hp to 520 hp original engine was still very strong just finished 2000 mile 5 day rally 6th outright 200 starters

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Welcome to the site! :beer:

Is that a 2000 "R" you have?

Sounds like you're having some fun with it?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Do you have any pictures you could share with us and also would you care to share the reason why you chose a real Cobra R vs just building a replica? Just wondering as not many people race real R's so it's always interesting to hear why.........

Welcome to the site!

COBRA NZ

Established Member
dear mark we choose to race a genuine r because this is what ford built them for we have had a lot of fun doing this more fun than i would have got looking at it in a shed.maybe in a few years with race history it might be woryth more than a standard one. have many photos not sure how to put on here maybe you can tell me

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Way to use the car for what it was built for. :thumbsup:

Where in NZ are you? My mother and sister are from Christchurch. Do you street drive it as well? I'll bet you'd have a blast letting the exhaust echo off all those beautiful green hills down there. :D

COBRA NZ

Established Member

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
welcome! and thanks for sharing race stories! :beer:

lets see if someone can host the pics....if not, email me at [email protected] and I'll see if i can get them hosted for you....

Users who are viewing this thread