cobra r race video

TimB

Established Member
Some race footage from Portland , started on pole and won , car ran great
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbNgqbZyWGw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbNgqbZyWGw[/ame]

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Tim:

That's awesome! :rockon:

Do you ever feel sorry for those Corvette guys!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

venom279

Established Member
Wow!! That was simply amazing. Sounded like you were actually using 5th gear during that long stretch..:burn:

JoeJ

Established Member
Tim,

That is an amazing video. The car sounds so good and looks like it corners with the best of them.

Any chance you could bring the car to one of the SVTOA, SCMC, or Team Shelby events somewhere in the Mid West. Love to see the car on track. Bring it to Barber Motor Sports for the national MCA event next year. Barber is a really fun track even tho it is a bit short. It has a lot of elevation changes.

TimB

Established Member
Joe

I would look at some events next year , this season is pretty busy . I am using 5th gear on the front and back straights , my datalogger shows 150mph on the back and 140 mph on the front. Portland has 2 configurations , the one in the video is with the festival chicane , the other one bypasses the chicane and makes for a really long front straight and a fast entry into turn one. My car is about 10 seconds a lap quicker without the chicane and I am well into 6th gear. Those laps in the video are about 2 seconds slower than my qualifying lap , I had to brake a little earlier in the race due to a problem with my brake pad selection. The new motor is working great and we hope to find some more power with a different intake.

Tim

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
The new motor is working great and we hope to find some more power with a different intake.

Tim

Tim:

Are you using the Cobra R manifold now? I'm thinking about trying another manifold as well because we hit a plateau at 5,500 rpm with the Cobra R intake. Pics will follow in my engine thread.

PS After you wasted the field there wasn't much to see out that back view! :( But it was fun watching that R fly!!! :dancenana:

TimB

Established Member
Bruce

I am still using the R manifold , power starts to fall off at 6600 rpm , the problem is no one makes a better manifold other than Huffaker and his is too tall to fit under our hoods. Roush Yates is looking into making one and Joe Huffaker will make one that fits , but I still have to send him some dimensions. With the cams you are running at what rpm does your car idle ,mine is 1800 rpm .

Tim

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce

I am still using the R manifold , power starts to fall off at 6600 rpm , the problem is no one makes a better manifold other than Huffaker and his is too tall to fit under our hoods. Roush Yates is looking into making one and Joe Huffaker will make one that fits , but I still have to send him some dimensions. With the cams you are running at what rpm does your car idle ,mine is 1800 rpm .

Tim

My car idles at about 1,200 rpm I think? Not sure exactly.

Here is a photo of the manifold I'm going to try. It was a custom built one-off by Al Papitto:

TimB

Established Member
MM
Thanks ,lapped up to 4th place , unfortunately my main competition ,an ex-world challenge Viper did not show up. I have another video with the camera on the nose from Seattle , will try to post soon.

Tim

Billy Madrid

Established Member
Wow, that is fast and it sounds absolutely fantastic. I can hardly wait for the nose video from Seattle. The speed through Turn 1 must be incredible, :eek:.

We just have to find a way to get you to Mosport and see you pull 170 into Turn 8. You know we have a lot of fast Corvettes out here and they need to be whipped into shape. LoveBunny says he is open for across the country drives still!!!!!

Billy Madrid

New SVT Owner (though no where near as cool)

Users who are viewing this thread