Cobra R Hood

teufel GT

Established Member
cervini's 95 cobra R!!! haha Nah its users choice. And I do like the 2000 Cobra r's.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Terrible quality cell phone picture but you get the idea.....

IMG00019-20090721-1541.jpg

IMG00058-20091113-1421.jpg

air_commando88

Established Member
thanks for the pics, is that a cervinis or kaenan? the kaenan is 100 less on american muscle than the cervinis but i wanna make sure its good quality but i'm also on a budget and have lots of stuff on my list of upgrades coming january. thanks for the help

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Its actually some cheap off brand, like Mrbodykit or some garbage. i bought it used off here for $275 so i couldnt pass it up, i was surprised how well it actually fit though. I would recommend either brand, as far as ive heard kaenan still fits well and of course cervinis is probably the best quality but expensive. I think either way you go you will be happy with your choice

air_commando88

Established Member
Its actually some cheap off brand, like Mrbodykit or some garbage. i bought it used off here for $275 so i couldnt pass it up, i was surprised how well it actually fit though. I would recommend either brand, as far as ive heard kaenan still fits well and of course cervinis is probably the best quality but expensive. I think either way you go you will be happy with your choice

thanks for the help, your car looks great!

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
I'm in the process on installing a Steeda (Kaenon) Q400 hood on my car. This hood is really high quality. It's not finished yet but the hood came very smartly packaged, its black gelcoated on the underside from factory. It fit like stock if I didnt have the 03 cobra front bumper which only required very minor adjustment to make it work. I'm impressed with it. I know american muscle has sold Kaenon stuff for a while now too.
DSC03453.jpg

work in progress...
the q400 does take design cues from the 00 cobra R hood with the vents. It is a functional cowl hood on the back side near windshield.

air_commando88

Established Member
I'm in the process on installing a Steeda (Kaenon) Q400 hood on my car. This hood is really high quality. It's not finished yet but the hood came very smartly packaged, its black gelcoated on the underside from factory. It fit like stock if I didnt have the 03 cobra front bumper which only required very minor adjustment to make it work. I'm impressed with it. I know american muscle has sold Kaenon stuff for a while now too.
DSC03453.jpg

work in progress...
the q400 does take design cues from the 00 cobra R hood with the vents. It is a functional cowl hood on the back side near windshield.

thats a nice hood, if you don't mind me askin where and how much did that one cost?

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
thats a nice hood, if you don't mind me askin where and how much did that one cost?

It ordered it through Atlantic Coast mustang this past spring. http://www.acmustang.com/ They are a Steeda vendor. The hood is actually made by Kaenon from what I understand but was made for the Steeda Q400 cars in the last couple years of the new edge mustangs.
I purchased it back in May I think. Back when I called to make the purchase the guy at ACmustang said it was the last/one of the last ones that Steeda had, at the time.
Watch out though for reproduction ones. He also informed me that there is another vendor, I dont recall the name. They even sell body kit stuff though the mustang magazines. They have a copycat version of this hood but it fits like crap compared to the real Steeda/Keanon one. Just a word of warning there.
Mine cost about $550 shipped to me. But the vendor is a sponsor of the military mustang club i'm and i'm not sure if there was a discount involved but to me it is worth every cent because I save money in it not being junk I have to pay to modify in order to fit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread