Cobra R hood question?

MahnotinkneeGT

Established Member
I am getting ready to purchase one but I am not sure if one is better than the other as far as quality. I found one that seems really nice that has lots of information from Niche Performance but it is more than the one I found on Cruisin Concepts but this site really has no real pics of the hood or ANY information about it. Has anyone delt with any of these companys?

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
Do a search. I remember that someon on here complained about the quality of the niche hood. I really want a R hood with functional heat extractors, but I also worry about the quality of these pieces. In the end Ill go with the 95 R hood

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Buy a nice one the first round...
Cervinis is a Great Quality hood..
https://cervinis.com/search.aspx?year=2001&make=Ford&model=Mustang&body=Cobra Coupe

Steeda
http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/9900hoods.htm

Late model Restoration
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com
Sorry could link the hood, just the site

Frpp
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5303

Those are all Quality places to get a GOOD hood from... Stay away from EBAY or rule of thumb if it sounds to good to be true it IS!!! Ive learned that lesson..
Good luck

Last edited:

RoyWoods

Established Member
Look at Taz's web-page. He had some comments about the Niche hood. I've also seen other people post on this forum that described similar issues to his.

From what I've read, everyone seems to like the Cervini's hoods. Someone was working on making the Cervini's Cobra R hood functional, but I don't know what their results were. It was in a thread that was posted within the last month or so.

99SVTAddict

Established Member
I have the Cervini hood...not one single complaint. Even the body shop said it was the best fiberglass hood they ever saw...needed very little prep.

99ShinodaCobra

Established Member
I have the Cervinis as well.... my paint shop said the exact same thing, best quality they had seen in an aftermarket hood.... only problem is with the packing... I've heard so many complaints that the hood arrives damaged because of poor packaging. Mine did, the shop fixed it and back charged Cervinis

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Cervini's is great, but my favorite are Kaenen, you can literally scuff them and spray them with no body work.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I'd go kaenan over anything. I've seen about 15 of their hoods and I was amazed with how little work they took.

I have a FRRP one and it kinda was a pain but it fits good now.

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
My wife bought my hood for me for xmas. Good quality. I don't know where she got it though...... uhmmmm... you can ask her. I like it.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Don't forget HO Fibertrends, they made the original 95 R hoods, adn they make the Frpp hoods, My body shop is a big fan on Cervini's, being stubborn I brought them the Ho Fibertrends piece (on the reccomendation of a very respected mustanger) At first they gave me a pretty hard time as they'd never heard of HO, but afterwards the body guy was impressed with the fit/finish and overall quality. The only downfall (for some) is the underside in unfinished, (but I'm not into the show/shine aspect of things)

RoyWoods

Established Member
viperbluelx said:
Cervini's is great, but my favorite are Kaenen, you can literally scuff them and spray them with no body work.

Kaenen is still working on their web-site, and I'm too lazy to call, but relatively speaking, is the price of a hood from them about the same as Cervini's?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Cheaper.

My buddy drove over there and picked up his Double Cowl for his 04 GT for 320.

Just give them a call. They're a nice bunch of guys to work with.

01CLYDESDALE

hey cervini's is great but ford racing sells a factory cobra r hood i went through 3 hoods for my black cobra before i bought this one not one problem paint or installing very light wieght oh and i paint cars for a living check it out bolts on like factory hood

Users who are viewing this thread