cobra r chin spoiler

svo600

Established Member
I just bought a 2000 r chin spoiler and im wondering do you gus have clearance problems on the street or over speedbumps, or do you even have it on while crusing the street any advise would be greatly appreciated.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Is your car lowered? I know that I have huge issues with my stock front end rubbing.....I can only imagine a Cobra R front end and as you can see...it's low, but not that low

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The splitter will rub just about any driveway entrance, or intersection where the cross street is higher/lower..... and parking curbs will destroy them. If you do drive w/ it on, you learn quickly to park way back and slow way down when entering driveways

I'd bet most people leave them off for most street driving.

Oh... and you better brace the hell out of it if you plan to drive faster than 80mph...after that it flops horribly and causes not so great feeling as the front end gets a little squirely.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
svo600 said:
I just bought a 2000 r chin spoiler and im wondering do you gus have clearance problems on the street or over speedbumps, or do you even have it on while crusing the street any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I believe I measured 5" from splitter bottom to ground. I only drive mine on the street and do not leave it (the splitter) off of the car. It has not touched anything yet. I usually drive to the same car shows and have scoped out the route years ago so I know where I can drive this car and not touch. I slow down to a crawl over anything that sticks up, even if I know the car will clear. It is something that is on your mind, or at least is on my mind when ever I have that car out. I have a somewhat steep driveway, I can enter it at a certain angle and not touch.

R

TcM-668

It on;y dragged on occasion, but mine did get clobbered by tire chunk slung out from an 18 wheeler once.

My insurance co(State Farm) argued that the part was aftermarket, and not their responsibility.

Had to jump thru hoops to get them to fix it, and eventually they did.

Troll around here for articles for how to brace the fascia better, especially if it is a 1pc setup, since you cannot take it off.

svo600

Established Member
thank you all for the advise yes it is lowered it has 03 spec bilstiens and 2000 r springs, I would like to get a bit stiffer strut for the front however.

Users who are viewing this thread