Cobra quandary....

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Here's the deal... I'm seriousily thinking about selling my 96 Mystic for a new Cobra. The garage is full and to make this happen something would have to go. The problem I'm having is that I'm the original owner and the Mystic has just 14K miles on it.. I guess I just need someone to tell me I'm crazy or just go for it...

Last edited:

Griffin

Established Member
TRaded my 01 Lightning and It was the best thing I have ever done.

See a pattern?

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Get the 03 Mystichrome and you will be very happy. Think of it as an upgrade. They will only make 1000 so it will be rare. I might even trade my 03 Sonic Blue for one.

MightyMo

Established Member
trade it !! The 03 is awesome!

No, on second thougtht, don't trade it the used car market is terrible right now!!

sell outright..

what ever happens, get your hands on a new Cobra
maybe a 2004 Mystic, order it from the factory?

Tin Knocker

Established Member
Definately sell it. I sold my 01 Bullitt and haven't regretted a thing. The car is awsome

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Now the next question is what the heck do I ask for a perfect 96 14K mile Mystic Cobra? 15K? 18K? Just don't know...

chiliman

Established Member
I know it's a tough decision. I unfortunately sold my mystic a few years ago to help start a business. I had to go without for those 2 long years. Here's my thoughts...Hands down the 03 is twice the machine but damn I miss my mystic. If I had known in March about the mystichrome I probably would have waited, the only problem is the markup these 1000 cars will have. I got my first mystic below sticker, I have my doubts that will happen this time. You obviously baby your 96 and quite frankly the body styling is better. I would think long and hard before getting rid of it. I am glad I didn't have to make a decsion like that, I just knew I missed my 96 so much I needed another. I even considered getting another mystic in pristine shape like yours.

I can only say I don't regret for one second getting the 03, it is a beast.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by JeffsLightning
Now the next question is what the heck do I ask for a perfect 96 14K mile Mystic Cobra? 15K? 18K? Just don't know...

I got 12K for a not-perfect 94 Cobra coupe with 60K miles, chrome R's, gears, FMS Extender, alum D/S, and new pads and rotors.

I'd say around 17K may be a good asking price. I'd settle for 16K to sell. Practically half of the new car right there.

99SVTcobraVERT

wholsale: average condition average miles. $9-10,000 for 96 cobra. add 500-1000 for mystic option, add 1500 for the low miles. wholesale is about 12k on that car, which means you should be able to sell it easy for 15k. but i wouldnt put 17k you might be sitting on it a while...

wuplash

Established Member
i also traded my 01 lightning to get a 03 cobra and i have no regrets.if you really like the 03 i say go for it.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Tough sell now that the 03 are out. Am sure your mystic is real nice but use e-bay to get the most out of it

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Your right about regretting if I sell the 96. I don't want to kick myself in the A$$ down the road... Maybe since I don't drive the 96 that much I can find a place to store it that is cheap and 24hr access... I don't need the money from the 96 for a new one... Thanks for the help guys... :-D

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Hey if you decide to sell it, can i get first dibs?? Let me know if i can, it would be greatly appreciated. Espcially if you decide to sell it in a month or so. Thanks.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
A 96 Mystic Cobra with only 14k miles! :eek: Man - if you do decide to sell, I would ask $17k and stay firm if it is in excellent shape. There are others that would LOVE to get their hands on a low miles taken care of Mystic Cobra, and willing to pay a few extra $'s for that. I don't think you would regret selling it for the 03 specifically, but you would regret not having it. I hate the loss of my 2000 GT! But, look at it this way, you can't take it with you. If you do sell, try to find someone who REALLY appreciates it as much as you do - that worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread