Cobra price compared to other Ford's

svess

Established Member
There was a car show at one of the local Ford dealerships today. In walking around and looking at some of the prices on other vehicles such as an explorer, the new F-150, the top of the line Rangers, the expeditions and even the vans I noticed that the 2003 Cobra is one of the cheaper vehicles that ford sells. Top of the line rangers were like 26k. Base model explorers were in the 30's. For what you get with a 2003 Cobra, 390+ horsepower and not to mention the name, you'd think it would be by far the most expensive... Anyone else notice that there are many other Ford vehicles around or above the price of the Cobra?

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Well take it into account that when all the others had discounts the cobra didnt and they wernt budging in price for a long time, now they have to with 04 but if you look at sticker your right.

They held ground on price because this isnt a nessary type car I figure

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
i want a cobra but pretty sure im goin 2 get mach 1... maybe its cuz the expedtion has more leather.... big veihicle? more parts? ect.

svess

Established Member
It just shocked me a little. I will be buying soon though. I just need to find a dealership around me with a sonic blue coupe. I don't see the point in waiting for the '04's when I could get a brand new '03 for a few grand less.

svess

Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
i want a cobra but pretty sure im goin 2 get mach 1... maybe its cuz the expedtion has more leather.... big veihicle? more parts? ect.

The Mach 1's are beautiful and quick. If the funds don't allow for the Cobra the Mach is definitely the next best thing.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by svess
It just shocked me a little. I will be buying soon though. I just need to find a dealership around me with a sonic blue coupe. I don't see the point in waiting for the '04's when I could get a brand new '03 for a few grand less.

why does it need to be around you? theres a sonic blue one at the dealer i bought mine from. I even hear now dealers will do the dealer trade on the cobras. They didnt reallys seem to do that before. let me know I can get you the #

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
svess about the mach 1 thing ya they are nice and quick, but its not about finacial hold backs its more about " limitations" im 16 lol ya u might be like YOUR 16 AND WANT A COBRA!! YOUR OUT OF YOUR MIND! but i have been driving since 13 but ya i have been talked out of getting a cobra so i want a torch red mach 1 5 speed.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
svess about the mach 1 thing ya they are nice and quick, but its not about finacial hold backs its more about " limitations" im 16 lol ya u might be like YOUR 16 AND WANT A COBRA!! YOUR OUT OF YOUR MIND! but i have been driving since 13 but ya i have been talked out of getting a cobra so i want a torch red mach 1 5 speed.

I started young and before I had my Lic. I already was running big block fords and had a car with dual 4's on it. When all the other guys were out drinking and boozing it up I was in the garage and building motors.

If you want it enough it will come, Just remember there is responsibilitys that come with it. Dont mess it up for yourself. Also make sure you have a beater to drive around dont be hauling everyone around and drive the dang wheels off of it.

Its all apart of the responsiblity theres allot more than just answering to your folks. You can screw yourself up and yourlife with a car.

Take what I said for whatever its worth. Also Im behind ya all the way! But dont be the one who does the stupid sh-t in front of me

Users who are viewing this thread