cobra pace car

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I was at the San Jose Grand Prix this weekend and noticed they use 03/04 Cobra pace cars. I thought that was pretty cool considering they are no longer in production. I did some research on it and it looks like they take VIP guests on fast laps around the track.
http://www.raremethod.com/menu/Apr13.2005-News

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
If you go to a race, you can get rides around the track in one of 'em. You can't drive though, some "girl driver deal" (thanks Dannica :cuss: ) that they want to show that girls can drive to so they take you around the track while you just sit there. I haven't done it but I heard that they honestly put around the track and never get on it...oh and it's not free either.

-Mike

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I wouldn't mind paying a bit of money if a pro drove me around a real race track at the limits of the cobra. I went to this mazda drive event this weekend where some pro drives a lap in an rx8 on their cone course. Holy smoke that was fun. I would definitely want to see what a cobra could do with a pro at the wheel and me just enjoying the ride.

So anyone know anymore about this Pace car thing and how to get rides? I can't find any info on the web.

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
woah, it's $300 to $800 per ride, depending on the day. Nevermind!

Fang

Established Member
We just had the Gran Prix of Denver and there were 3 Cobras represented for the pace cars. Cool to see! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread