Cobra Owners, Am I a poser ?

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Is having a front bumper cover on a GT considered being a "poser" ?

I had the full Fobra kit but I've canned everything but the front bumper because I actually like it.

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
No. The front bumber on 94-98GTs is ugly as hell, getting it replaced is a good thing.

Just add more power and nobody will care.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Honestly, I don't think you're a poser... We're doing that to my wife's 98 GT. We're also adding IRS, and power. The Cobra front bumper is just better looking.

--Matt

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
As long as your not trying to pass it off as Cobra or sell it to someone as a real Cobra. I dont see a problem.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
You absolutely WERE a "poseur", when you had the COBRA bumper and (why would anyone do that?) cobra snakes on the quarter panels...

The front bumper, by itself, isn't "Cobra enough" to make it a fake-snake, IMO :beer:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
You absolutely WERE a "poseur", when you had the COBRA bumper and (why would anyone do that?) cobra snakes on the quarter panels...

The front bumper, by itself, isn't "Cobra enough" to make it a fake-snake, IMO :beer:

Ditto. Just like people putting Lightning badges on a stock F150.:burn:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Ditto. Just like people putting Lightning badges on a stock F150.:burn:

Yes I have one of those 5.4 Boss with a F150 SVT badges on the tailgate and it owns all. L's even 11 second ones,:p :p :p

Am I poser??????????:rollseyes :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

But yes if its just to make something look a little better and you don't say it is a true SVT I see no problems.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member

:thumbsup:

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member

My thoughts exactly.

However, you may never fully get rid of all the comments since you DID have Cobra badges on a GT.

There are some people around here that have the Cobra badges on V6 Mustangs..........:nonono: Make me want to :xpl:

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
I think you are a poser in the fact that you put 96-98 tail lights on a 94. Personally, i dont like that. But in regards to the SVT issue, hell no you arent a poser. You are an avid mustang fan. But ya, you definitely were a poser before.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
I don't have a problem with running cobra parts on a gt, like the bumper or hood. I wouldn't put cobra emblems on it, kinda tacky IMO but it's your car.

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Thanks for the responces guys.

I bought the car with 96-98 tails, but I actually like them more then the 94-95's.

Also, I sold the snake grille emblem a long time ago, the grille is empty right now, I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread