Cobra or SVT Pedestal Tachometer

Bogs

Established Member
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a pedestal tach for my 98 Cobra. I am trying to find one with writing on the face that says Cobra or SVT. Anyone know where I can find one? 3 3/4 " or 5"

Thanks

Bogs

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
100_1854.JPG

This is a 95 dash so it had a clock pod which was removed. You can find the Ford SVO and Ford Racing 5" tachs on ebay for $400+ depending on condition. The SVO has the large shift light which is on the steering column. The Racing tach has the small shift light. The shift lights are normally on the side of the tach but I relocated this one for visibility.

Tom

Cobra Jet

Established Member
As I can't seem to figure out how to PM you....Can you PM me please

Just to help - to PM anyone on the site, see their "icon" by their user name? Click or tap on it, then when their info box opens, click or tap "Start Conversation". It will open another window dialogue where you can put in the subject title and your message then send it off.

----

On topic:
Those SVT decals are spot on, great work and offering to the community here! I've seen the old style white plastic license plate w/the red "SVT" on them - seems like you're able to make any size.

--

Anything "Ford Motorsport, Ford Racing, or the older SVO" livery is on eBay - problem is most people think their items are worth the value of a single BitCoin or couple ounces of Gold.... LMAO... If you search well enough you can score deals. Usually the forums, people are very helpful and have fair pricing.

To me, eBay anymore is jacked with pricing because the damn shipping fees are so high - plus eBay's own fee's (the list then the hit of % once sold) are crazy any more, it's no wonder how anyone is still able to make a profit or $$$$ on there. I've seen stuff priced way beyond what it's even worth from a street perspective or even true value based on the items aging. Plus it's no longer the old auction/cool stuff, it's basically an online store front with a LOT of junk (new overseas garbage) being listed.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Just to help - to PM anyone on the site, see their "icon" by their user name? Click or tap on it, then when their info box opens, click or tap "Start Conversation". It will open another window dialogue where you can put in the subject title and your message then send it off.
He didn't have enough posts to PM me.

Bogs

Established Member
3/4" x 3/8"
I was told the Autometer gauges are sealed so don’t want to open them up. Really no place for a sticker in them anyways. The tach has just enough room for a 1/2 inch sticker. I might be able to put the stickers on the outside of the 2” gauges on the glass . Would only be 3/16” max. Do you think that would look good or cheesy?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I was told the Autometer gauges are sealed so don’t want to open them up. Really no place for a sticker in them anyways. The tach has just enough room for a 1/2 inch sticker. I might be able to put the stickers on the outside of the 2” gauges on the glass . Would only be 3/16” max. Do you think that would look good or cheesy?

You can just PM me.

Adower

Established Member
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a pedestal tach for my 98 Cobra. I am trying to find one with writing on the face that says Cobra or SVT. Anyone know where I can find one? 3 3/4 " or 5"

Thanks

Bogs
I have a tach. I believe it says ford racing though. Pm if you’re interested.

Bogs

Established Member

----

On topic:
Those SVT decals are spot on, great work and offering to the community here! I've seen the old style white plastic license plate w/the red "SVT" on them - seems like you're able to make any size.

--

Anything "Ford Motorsport, Ford Racing, or the older SVO" livery is on eBay - problem is most people think their items are worth the value of a single BitCoin or couple ounces of Gold.... LMAO... If you search well enough you can score deals. Usually the forums, people are very helpful and have fair pricing.

To me, eBay anymore is jacked with pricing because the damn shipping fees are so high - plus eBay's own fee's (the list then the hit of % once sold) are crazy any more, it's no wonder how anyone is still able to make a profit or $$$$ on there. I've seen stuff priced way beyond what it's even worth from a street perspective or even true value based on the items aging. Plus it's no longer the old auction/cool stuff, it's basically an online store front with a LOT of junk (new overseas garbage) being listed.
I followed your directions to PM someone and I tried it with you. I do not see an info box to click on to "Start Conversation" Is it because I am new?

Users who are viewing this thread