Votes: 10 50.0%
  • 03/04 4v setup

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
Should I keep my KB or get a 4v setup???

1.7 KB has about ~5000 miles on it! (Add nitrous)

Vs.

4v stuff idk how many miles are on it!! Atleast 45k miles..

I will be using my same built block with ~5k miles on it though so does it really matter how many miles are on the heads/SC of the 4v setup??
I calculated I will break out even from doing the swap money wise, but I will most likely lose power from the 4v setup till I mod it....

But also just thought about doing Nitrous with the KB and will only cost $1400 tuned and installed.

So up to yall to vote on going either 4v or staying KB and adding nitrous!!!!
Or just keep as is and no nitrous.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
unless you really want to build up the 4v(which can be VERY costly) is say stick with what you got. Less hassle. Is your motor now built? if not either way a motor build up will be in store.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
I would say it would depend on your long term goals for the car. If you are willing to take the power loss for a period of time until you upgrade the 4V then go the 4V swap route. If you are looking for a quick increase in HP for a minimal cost then the nitrous added to your current setup would be the most bang for your buck. My long term goal for my car is to do a 4V/T-56 Cobra swap due to the fact that I plan to keep my car for a very long time.

ponygrrl

Lethal Performance Rep.
Established Member
Your motor is built now? Keep it. Up the boost and spray the thing and you're good. Maybe if yours goes you can consider it, otherwise I would stick with the 2v for now.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
If money's not an issue, 4V FTW! :D

You can't beat a built engine and you can easily have much more power then what you have now with minimal modifications. I've got 475 RWHP/500 RWTQ with a 2.93 upper/4lb. lower and other bolt-on's. Add a port and supporting modifications and you're at 530 RWPH/540 RWTQ.

Good luck!

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
unless you really want to build up the 4v(which can be VERY costly) is say stick with what you got. Less hassle. Is your motor now built? if not either way a motor build up will be in store.

It is a built block.

SIr RicCuS said:
If money's not an issue, 4V FTW!
You can't beat a built engine and you can easily have much more power then what you have now with minimal modifications. I've got 475 RWHP/500 RWTQ with a 2.93 upper/4lb. lower and other bolt-on's. Add a port and supporting modifications and you're at 530 RWPH/540 RWTQ.
Good luck!

I'm thinking how this guy is thinking :rolling:

ponygrrl said:
Your motor is built now? Keep it. Up the boost and spray the thing and you're good. Maybe if yours goes you can consider it, otherwise I would stick with the 2v for now.

There is no more upping the boost =( 14lbs is highest for 1.7 :nonono:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Edit... I see you already have the KB. Get the intercooler for it if you want to run more boost, or sell the thing and upgrade to the 2.1L KB. Doing a 4V swap is gonna be pretty damn complicated, you know its not just throwing the heads and supercharger on top, right? You have the timing cover, alternate pulley setup, and all kinds of wiring to do.

Last edited:

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
Id say my goal is around 500-550whp and 525-560wtq with the 4v..Then maybe throw nitrous on the 4v down the road!

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
Edit... I see you already have the KB. Get the intercooler for it if you want to run more boost, or sell the thing and upgrade to the 2.1L KB. Doing a 4V swap is gonna be pretty damn complicated, you know its not just throwing the heads and supercharger on top, right? You have the timing cover, alternate pulley setup, and all kinds of wiring to do.

It already is the intercooled kit >< Im at max boost..

I have every piece ready to be installed :beer:

Got everything + install for $3500..dont know if thats good or not but ehh

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
it's already built, get a bigger blower and spary the shit out of it. or go turbo. :D :pepper:

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
Ok let me throw the money variable in here...

KB+Nitrous = $1400 total (kit, install, tune)

Upgrading to a bigger KB = $8500 for kit(kit~6k, hood, install, tune)

03/04 Swap = $3800(all parts + install, tune) + $2-3k for bolt ons after install(Port / pulleys / CAI / TB / tune)

THE_STIG

Established Member
I say just upgrade the KB and turn up the boost, why go through all the hassle of a swap when you can just change blowers.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
I would spray the built unit you have, looking at your 11.79 @119mph timeslip you already have nothing to scoff at. And it's always been said that an 11 second car is much more enjoyable than a 10 second one, but really how fast are you looking to go?

It's all a matter of what you are after but your car at current seems pretty stout.

FunkyBoss

Established Member
14 PSI and your only putting down 415? What is your CR at? Your torque numbers look good, but something seems off with your HP.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Keep the 2v and upgrade the blower. I have lots of fun on the street in my 2v.

Users who are viewing this thread