Cobra Jet Twin 65mm TB and Boss manifold

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Is there an adapter to hook a CJ tb to a Boss IM ?

Basically, I just ordered a Paxton, Boss intake manifold and a JLT paxton intake. My car already has the FRPP CJ twin 65mm throttle body and was wondering if there's an adapter so I can still use it.

:uh oh:

Eric@jpc

Established Member

Basically, I just ordered a Paxton, Boss intake manifold and a JLT paxton intake. My car already has the FRPP CJ twin 65mm throttle body and was wondering if there's an adapter so I can still use it.

The twin 65 will not hook up to a boss manifold?

It will not hook to the stock manifold either?

Are you talking about the cobrajet manifold?

RFM50

Established Member

I'm a little confused here! You say you ordered a boss manifold but your signature says you have rousch. Why would you orde a boss manifold, it won't work with your supercharger. Your supercharger replaces the manifold.

Edit: I just re read it and caught the part about adding a Paxton. You need to sell the cj tb and buy either a frpp 90mm, accufab or a stock throttle body. The cj tb will not work with either the boss manifold or the Paxton.

Last edited:

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
The twin 65 will not hook up to a boss manifold?

It will not hook to the stock manifold either?

Are you talking about the cobrajet manifold?

From what I've heard, it won't hook, are you saying it will ?

I'm talking about the FRPP CJ TB (I think that's the part number M-9926-CJ65) and the manifold is the Boss intake manifold not the Cobrajet one.

I guess there's no adapter for it right...

I'm a little confused here! You say you ordered a boss manifold but your signature says you have rousch. Why would you orde a boss manifold, it won't work with your supercharger. Your supercharger replaces the manifold.

Edit: I just re read it and caught the part about adding a Paxton. You need to sell the cj tb and buy either a frpp 90mm, accufab or a stock throttle body. The cj tb will not work with either the boss manifold or the Paxton.

I have the stock one, was just wondering if there's a simple adapter to hook this one up.

alex12gt

Established Member
Nope no adaptor and i so would have bought it off you if i hadnt picked up an l&m 66mm last week on here

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
From what I've heard, it won't hook, are you saying it will ?

I'm talking about the FRPP CJ TB (I think that's the part number M-9926-CJ65) and the manifold is the Boss intake manifold not the Cobrajet one.

I guess there's no adapter for it right...

I have the stock one, was just wondering if there's a simple adapter to hook this one up.

Have you looked at the thottle body and boss intake? That wouldnt make sense to use that together.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Well, I guess I'll use the stock one for now. And definitely going to have some parts for sale soon.

Thanks fellas,

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Sure thing alex, will let you know as soon as I have everything ready.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
It's not that I need more. It's just that it was on the car when I got it and I thought I might as well use it again. I have the stocker and will use that now :).

I'm shooting for 700rwhp + on pump gas with a 9.5cr engine and the 3.1 pulley. Have no idea how much boost it will make but hoping it's gonna be enough.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
You could've made 700 with the TVS. I'm not sure how much PSI the 3.1 pulley is but your gonna need to hit more than 12psi to hit 700 with the CR drop. Is it a 65 TB or is it the 60 twin that comes with the TVS kit?

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
I know I could've made 700, but the problem is the pump gas, it already caused detonation once and that's why my engine blew. Hence the lower compression this time around. You guys are lucky with your E85.

The one I have is the Cobra Jet twin 65mm, not the stock one that comes with the TVS.

I like the TVS, don't get me wrong, I just wanted to lower the stress on the engine and more room to grow. I figured I'd sell the TVS and cut some of my losses after I'm done with the build. If I upgraded to the Whipple, I'll be stuck with injectors, headunit, that I can't sell here. Going with a Paxton will allow me to sell the Roush as a kit and get some of my money back.

Users who are viewing this thread