Cobra jet purge valve location?

alcarames

Established Member
Hi. Before anyone tells me to hit the search I just want to say I have been doing that for the last few days trying to understand and figure out how to do this. So I've already installed the cobra jet manifold. Now I'm looking at the connector jumper harness.

I have the LMR hose kit I purchased for $10. I get that I'm supposed to remove the purge valve from the stock intake mani but where exactly do I place it on the block or cobra jet mani?

I know people have already beaten this subject to death but I cannot find any actual pictures of where people have placed the purge valve.

Can anybody help me out with that? Thanks in advance!

rsb213

Established Member
Hi. Before anyone tells me to hit the search I just want to say I have been doing that for the last few days trying to understand and figure out how to do this. So I've already installed the cobra jet manifold. Now I'm looking at the connector jumper harness.

I have the LMR hose kit I purchased for $10. I get that I'm supposed to remove the purge valve from the stock intake mani but where exactly do I place it on the block or cobra jet mani?

I know people have already beaten this subject to death but I cannot find any actual pictures of where people have placed the purge valve.

Can anybody help me out with that? Thanks in advance!

Leave it dangle freely underneath the throttle body. Plug it into the jumper harness, and then connect it to the extension on the new manifold. Both will reach in that location and will hold it in place. You wont see it after everything is re installed. :kaboom:

Last edited:

jn2

Established Member
Like other have said, let it dangle. I installed my CJ set up not long ago and was torn on what to do with it. Letting it dangle there seemed like the best answer. The hard plastic line combined with the short wire harness keep it suspended under the TB. It does not have room to move or swing...

Some have bolted it to a empty threaded hole under the TB, but my wire harness didn't reach and i didn't feel like cutting the wireloom to extend it.

Attachments

• install5.jpg
    install5.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 533

Users who are viewing this thread