Cobra Jet manifold issues

Fdlp83

The whine & cheese party
Established Member
Guys, help! I just installed the whole CJ intake manifold set-up. I used a Bama tune to program the set up. But, the car starts to malfunction after letting it run a bit. You can rev it, but the throttle won't close. I'm going to try to re-load the tune today. I get the 2 codes, which escape my mind at the moment. One has to do with the throttle signal & the other one, I think, has to do with the maf censor. Anyone else have these issues? I live in El Paso, the nearest tuner is in ABQ - Motiva motorsports. But before I make the trip, I'm hoping I can get it fixed here at home. Any suggestions? I will post the codes a little later. Thank you in advance.

kdaly

Established Member
To be honest buddy Bama has been known to deliver less than desirable tunes. I'll pick another tuner, IE: Lund, AED, RevAuto

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Email Shaun at AED, and get a tune from him. It'll be worth the costs.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Sounds like a tuning issue vs. issue with your parts.

Bama is not able to properly tune CJ setups.

Shaun @ AED probably has one of the best CJ tunes available as he has a ton of mappings on them recorded and knows how to adjust the cam timing extremely well to get the most out of the setup.

AED, Lund or Rousch if you have an Auto.

redline5.0

Established Member
I tried a bama tune just for shits and giggle and the car wouldn't even run with there cj/monoblade tune lol. My e85 cj/scj cammed car drives smooth as silk now.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I had the bama tuning on SCJ mono blade and car ran ok. They should be able to get you running if installation was correct on your parts. Not bashing, but I moved on to Lund a week later. Not many tuners want to touch the big Mono 5I maps btw. FYI.

Last edited:

AKDMB

Established Member
What throttle body is it? There have definitely been some QC issues with the monoblades. Could be install, could be defective throttle body, could be the tune. Can't say which one for sure, contact BAMA first. The codes point towards the install though most likely. Get a datalog to send as well. Make sure to log throttle angle actual/desired. They shouldn't have an issue with the MAF though, that's literally one table copy paste. Is the MAF loose or something? Vacuum leak?

KushBandit

Established Member
What are the exact codes? When you say the throttle won't close after you rev it, do you mean that it will hang open around 2,000 rpm?

I assume you have the monoblade throttle body. It may need to be sent to Accufab to be recalibrated. My car had a hanging throttle issue, and when I sent the TB to Accufab, they fixed it free of charge. Worked perfect once I got it back.

Fdlp83

The whine & cheese party
Established Member
Yes. They told me to contact SCT instead, since I have their X4...

Last edited:

Fdlp83

The whine & cheese party
Established Member
Did you repin the harness??? Just something else to doublecheck.

I'd also consider a different tuner.

Yes, we triple-checked the pinning on the wire harness.. I'm leaning towards bad tunes.

Fdlp83

The whine & cheese party
Established Member
What throttle body is it? There have definitely been some QC issues with the monoblades. Could be install, could be defective throttle body, could be the tune. Can't say which one for sure, contact BAMA first. The codes point towards the install though most likely. Get a datalog to send as well. Make sure to log throttle angle actual/desired. They shouldn't have an issue with the MAF though, that's literally one table copy paste. Is the MAF loose or something? Vacuum leak?

The install was thoroughly checked. I tried reloading the Bama tune & the throttle response was still acting up.

Fdlp83

The whine & cheese party
Established Member
What are the exact codes? When you say the throttle won't close after you rev it, do you mean that it will hang open around 2,000 rpm?

I assume you have the monoblade throttle body. It may need to be sent to Accufab to be recalibrated. My car had a hanging throttle issue, and when I sent the TB to Accufab, they fixed it free of charge. Worked perfect once I got it back.

I forgot the exact codes. Yes, it's the monoblade. And yes, it'll hang open.

Users who are viewing this thread