Cobra Jet Manifold CAI

FM58

Established Member
Can any CJ manifold guys shed some light on which cold air intake you are using and the plus and minuses of each? JLT, PMAS or FRPP. I know all the specs, just looking for some insight.
Thanks

96gt02

Established Member
I personally did a lot of research on different CAI's when I did my setup. According to Shaun of AED there is only 3 good options as far as all out flow and maf smoothness (driveability) Rev Auto is the largest as its full 5" diameter all the way through but not the smoothest as it does not use a velocity stack on the air filter and also made of metal so it gets hotter than the others, D-mark is the next largest as they now have a plastic 4.5" inlet to 5" outlet silicone coupler design as well as a built-in velocity stack for smoothing the airflow, and last but not least is the FRPP unit with a 4" inlet and velocity stack to a 4.5" outlet and also made of plastic. I personally had the FRPP unit on my original setup which was CJ manifold, twin 65mm TB and FRPP CAI, mostly because I got the best deals on this setup used but I always knew I wanted to go bigger when the time came. Since then I have gone with a Ported CJ manifold, Twin 67mm TB and D-Mark CAI. AED has done all my tuning on both setups and even Shaun seemed surprised that he had to add even more fuel than he expected to everywhere in the tune because of the increase airflow on the larger setup. hope this helps!

PS the JLT is the most restrictive and doesnt flow as smooth and the PMAS design is not great either, thats why I dont even consider them.

deletednow2017

Established Member
I really like the JLT and PMAS units! We sell both, but recently the PMAS has outsold the JLT. I have seen great numbers with all three units, FRPP, JLT, and PMAS, but the best from PMAS. Let me know if I can get you setup!

FM58

Established Member
I personally did a lot of research on different CAI's when I did my setup. According to Shaun of AED there is only 3 good options as far as all out flow and maf smoothness (driveability) Rev Auto is the largest as its full 5" diameter all the way through but not the smoothest as it does not use a velocity stack on the air filter and also made of metal so it gets hotter than the others, D-mark is the next largest as they now have a plastic 4.5" inlet to 5" outlet silicone coupler design as well as a built-in velocity stack for smoothing the airflow, and last but not least is the FRPP unit with a 4" inlet and velocity stack to a 4.5" outlet and also made of plastic. I personally had the FRPP unit on my original setup which was CJ manifold, twin 65mm TB and FRPP CAI, mostly because I got the best deals on this setup used but I always knew I wanted to go bigger when the time came. Since then I have gone with a Ported CJ manifold, Twin 67mm TB and D-Mark CAI. AED has done all my tuning on both setups and even Shaun seemed surprised that he had to add even more fuel than he expected to everywhere in the tune because of the increase airflow on the larger setup. hope this helps!

PS the JLT is the most restrictive and doesnt flow as smooth and the PMAS design is not great either, thats why I dont even consider them.

Thanks man, great info. I really appreciate it! The set up I am getting has the FRPP cai and the twin 65mm tb. I guess that will have to do for now.
Will do some changing and tweaking in the near future.
Thanks again.

96gt02

Established Member
s man, great info. I really appreciate it! The set up I am getting has the FRPP cai and the twin 65mm tb. I guess th
Thanks man, great info. I really appreciate it! The set up I am getting has the FRPP cai and the twin 65mm tb. I guess that will have to do for now.
Will do some changing and tweaking in the near future.
Thanks again.
No problem! This is a good setup and relative budget friendly if you got any parts used, I wouldn't bother ever changing your CAI for anything other than a Rev Auto or D-Mark CAI. Last I heard Rev Auto had a pre order for another run of CAIs about 2 weeks ago, not sure if they sold out by now or not yet. And D-mark is built to order ( about 1-2 weeks)

noldevin

Established Member
I did a comparison of ford racing vs pmas on my car...
The pmas is the one that goes higher at the end.
Not a huge difference, but it is better, and I can only assume it would continue to be better if you can rev higher.
22051340_10155046648016395_8735958039865666326_o_zpsfqtzdhev.jpg

FM58

Established Member
No problem! This is a good setup and relative budget friendly if you got any parts used, I wouldn't bother ever changing your CAI for anything other than a Rev Auto or D-Mark CAI. Last I heard Rev Auto had a pre order for another run of CAIs about 2 weeks ago, not sure if they sold out by now or not yet. And D-mark is built to order ( about 1-2 weeks)

Thanks, do you have a link for D-mark?
I tried looking last night but could not find anything.
I am looking at keeping engine bay temps down, those long tubes put out some heat!
Thanks again for the help.

96gt02

Established Member
Thanks, do you have a link for D-mark?
I tried looking last night but could not find anything.
I am looking at keeping engine bay temps down, those long tubes put out some heat!
Thanks again for the help.

He is @01bluesnake on here, or he has a website http://www.dmarkperformance.com/ and facebook page. I attached a pic of their intake on my car so you can see how the new version looks. Just a side note, it does not come with the heat shield, I modified my FRPP one to work with their CAI, and i'm actually running a 2" larger air filter now then what's in this pic but you get the idea.

Attachments

• RESIZE.jpg
    RESIZE.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 698

FM58

Established Member
He is @01bluesnake on here, or he has a website http://www.dmarkperformance.com/ and facebook page. I attached a pic of their intake on my car so you can see how the new version looks. Just a side note, it does not come with the heat shield, I modified my FRPP one to work with their CAI, and i'm actually running a 2" larger air filter now then what's in this pic but you get the idea.

Thanks, looks nice!

Users who are viewing this thread