Cobra Jet Install

Canadian5.0

Established Member
About to tackle the install of my Cobra Jet intake and I'm 90% sure from watching videos and reading over the instructions ahead of time that it's all gonna go smooth. Only question I have is what part is this in the picture? There's no pictures of it in the instructions or any mention of it.

20170302_161729.jpg

Is this something used even when not relocating the purge valve? Car is a manual if it makes any difference.

Thanks

Canadian5.0

Established Member
I'm thinking it has to do with the vapor line if you're relocating from a GT. googled a few part numbers in the instructions and I think it's CR3Z-9G290-B. Fuel Vapor Fuse Bracket and fasteners.

Would make sense that you wouldn't use it on a Boss because you don't need to relocate.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I did not use it, I have never heard of anyone using it, and I remember looking it up to find out it has something to do with fuel vapors. I installed my CJ onto a MT GT, and there was no mention of it in the install manual.

Jvibe92

Established Member
You don't have to use that part. I went through the same wonder when I was installing my cobra jet. You have to use your factory setup and just use some 3/8 hose and wrap it under the intake with some zip ties. Works perfectly and hidden

470rwhp Cornfed 5.0

Mat5.0

Established Member
to echo what others have said, I installed mine, threw that piece away. no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread