Cobra is running like crap, any ideas? :(

Spitfire_17

Established Member
Ok, so lately Ive noticed my car is acting weird as shit, basicly say im in 2nd, 3rd or 4th low in the rpm's, then give it some gas or floor it, say about 2k-3k or higher, it sorta stumbles like, go, then hesitate, then go, then hesitate. I have no clue what is going on and its very hard to explain what it feels like, like pulsing almost sorta thing... any ideas on what it could be?? :( :shrug: :(

damonzex

the j00man
Established Member
i have the exact same problem(s). Lemme guess, ur around 80k milage? i bounce forward and back when cruising at around 1-2k rpms in any gear, car stalls ALL the time at idle, and sometimes when i floor it in a low gear it gains power, loses power, gains, etc... my solution is im just gonna "take it in" soon. Not sure where yet though..lol

Spitfire_17

Established Member
damonzex said:
i have the exact same problem(s). Lemme guess, ur around 80k milage? i bounce forward and back when cruising at around 1-2k rpms in any gear, car stalls ALL the time at idle, and sometimes when i floor it in a low gear it gains power, loses power, gains, etc... my solution is im just gonna "take it in" soon. Not sure where yet though..lol
Yeah im at 86k, not sure if the car has ever had a "tune up" before seing how i got the car at about 75k or so.. mine runs fine at idle and sutch though, but when in gear with some gass it sorta bounces around, its really weird, none of my other cars have done it so i have no clue what it could be.. :poke:

venoNOS

BIG DOG DADDY
Established Member
It could be a few things. For one check your o2 sensors. If they are going bad it will cause some hesitation cuz mine did and I replaced them and it ran fine afterwards. also it could be the fuel pump or filter and you could have fouled a plug or one is about to go out. Start by replacing the plugs and wires and if that does'nt do the trick go by an advance auto parts or auto zone and have them read the codes to see if anything comes back.Good luck. :)

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
1) plugs
2) dirty maf wire
3) fuel filter bad
4) o2 sensors
5) bad spark plug wires
6) dirty air filter

on my 98 cobra around 70k it did the same thing and I put a fuel filter in it, then the hesitation was gone !

fullofvenom

Established Member
yeah, i'd say plugs and/or wires. mine was stumbling like that when i first got it (was sitting a while before I purchased it). new 9mm wires, coil packs and copper plugs (along with cleaning all the sensors/control valves) fixed that up.

pipe

*pee* ~pay~
Established Member
check the plug wires first, thats what happened to me, one of the plug wires had a big cut in it and i guess energy power was leaking out of it.

Spitfire_17

Established Member
thanks guys, just cleaned the MAF and put on my JLT intake... seems alot better now, but i think it still does it a tinny bit. might go ahead and replace sparkplug's and wires here soon along with fuel filter

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Spitfire_17 said:
thanks guys, just cleaned the MAF and put on my JLT intake... seems alot better now, but i think it still does it a tinny bit. might go ahead and replace sparkplug's and wires here soon along with fuel filter

good choice!! good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread